cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Minnie Winne

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I'm looking to purchase a 2017 Winnebago minnie winnie 27Q and looking for any reviews good or bad. If you can furnish any info that will help me in my selection please do so. Thank you

Rich
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup
19 REPLIES 19

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh, Now I See. Winnebago has used various names for their product lines. There's been Minnie Winnie, Minnie or Winnie and I forget which, and the most recent name for the basic class C, opposite Spirit in the Itasca versions. I think of it as "Access."

Winnebago makes good coaches and their customer support is second to none. By that I mean the availability of diagrams, parts lists, and parts themselves. It's all numbered and coded so you can order say, a cabinet door. Many don't offer that. They also install wiring and plumbing in an automotive way, where they specify what goes where and how it's connected. With others, it's more like a house where a switch works a light but you don't know where the wiring runs, how it's connected etc.

I didn't find 27Q in the 2017 or 2018 brochures, but it was in 2016. How do you feel about working the kitchen with the hallway wall at your back? Try to picture yourself (your crew) living and working in the coach. We don't have any slides, but the lounge slide doesn't help kitchen space in 27Q. I like it having a backsplash on the stove, an oven and a pantry. Walkaround queen bed is an essential for us. AND he 60x80 dimension (instead of "short RV queen") is a Big Deal. Not only a full-size bed, but you can buy a new mattress, any kind, any place. The 86-cft of external storage is a good number, but I'm not sure any of it is deep/tall. For a BBQ grill, for example. Is the house floor pretty much flat into the cockpit? Flat is good for seeing out but it doesn't allow a deep "basement."
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
Give it a bit of time some poor people work. I didn't answer because of the year "NEW". I have a 2004 and like it well. Reasonable MPG, tows a 4-runner over high pass's, sleeps well and not many problems. New you get a 6 speed and from what I have heard lower noise level and maybe just a bit better MPG. If you have a choice $$$ go with 2 slides, this will give more wardrobe storage, ours is a bit short but still plenty for months on the rode with 4 season cloths. Driving is comfortable, but read about an immediate alignment, they come from ford with no load.

LEN

Biggyniner
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 94 Minnie Winnie with 60K on it. Never leaked and the house is in great shape. If they still build them like they used to it should be a great rig as long as you keep up on maintenance.
Chris (KD7WZW)
2003 Tiffin Allegro Bus M-32IP

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We bought new a 2003 Itasca 24V, and then new 2015 Itasca 27Q. While we like it, it just does not seem quit as comfortable. Maybe we just need get used to the 2015.
We live in it in the winter.
On the 27Q you turn the cab seats around for seating. The coach floor is 3-1/2" taller than the cab, so I raised the seats up, which can only be when parked.

Dusty

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
I guess that doesn't say much for the Winnebago Minnie Winnie since there are no replies good or bad. I thought by now I'd have-some kind of reply maybe I should keep my Nash TT.
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup