Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Minnie Winnie 25B Sale Price

STS_jason
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

The Minnie Winnie 25B has a MSRP of 65,642. From what I've read on the forums one should expect to pay 25% to 32% off MSRP. Is that applicable to new WInnebago as well? That would put our expected price to pay between 44,636 and 49,231.

BTW, the other MH we're looking at is the Coachmen Freelander 26QB. We thought that given the popularity and reputation of Winnebago's, the dealer pricing may not be as flexible.

And thank you to all for the great advice on this forum. This site has been the best source of information on our search for a MH. I look forward to becoming an active member once we get up and running with our rig.

Thanks,

Jason
14 REPLIES 14

randrx2
Explorer
Explorer
We really want to get the Minnie Winnie 25B, but hopefully they will correct some issues on next years model or at least offer as an option. The floor plan on the 25B is great, but some things we would like are: electric water heater in addition to the LP, enclosed tanks, and fiberglass front shell.
When someone says, "I'm not book smart, I'm street smart." All I hear is, "I'm not real smart, I'm imaginary smart."

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
realdeal1003 wrote:
realdeal1003 wrote:
Hi Guys. I have a situation in regards to the Winnebago/Itaska 25B. A dealer has a USED "2014" with 1116 miles, that listed for $74,505 that he is asking $52,000. A second dealer has a 2015 with the exact same options and a higher list of $76,208. Higher listing most likely because it is a "2015" and he wants $58,500. The 2015 dealer "$58,500" seems pretty set at that price. I offered the 2014 used dealer $45,000 which was my second offer, first was $43,000 all by email. The used dealer $45,000 responded with a voice mail saying he couldn't take the $45,000 but wanted me to call him if I had any questions. I am really curious as to what would be a good price for the used 25B? What do you guys think? Thank-You. Louie

I think the dealer with the 2015 is about a 24% off list which I think is fair for an unmotivated (IE not in a financial bind, upside down, etc. ) seller like an individual might be. I think I would offer $50,000 for the 2014 take it or leave it. a new one with full warranty would be worth $8,500 more to me.
but where is the used one located? 1116 miles seems to me to about be delivery mileage. what is the story on that?
bumpy

realdeal1003
Explorer
Explorer
realdeal1003 wrote:
Hi Guys. I have a situation in regards to the Winnebago/Itaska 25B. A dealer has a USED "2014" with 1116 miles, that listed for $74,505 that he is asking $52,000. A second dealer has a 2015 with the exact same options and a higher list of $76,208. Higher listing most likely because it is a "2015" and he wants $58,500. The 2015 dealer "$58,500" seems pretty set at that price. I offered the 2014 used dealer $45,000 which was my second offer, first was $43,000 all by email. The used dealer $45,000 responded with a voice mail saying he couldn't take the $45,000 but wanted me to call him if I had any questions. I am really curious as to what would be a good price for the used 25B? What do you guys think? Thank-You. Louie

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
TPO is a lot better than EDPM (Rubber) roof, IMO. Having owned both. I don't think I would avoid a unit because of a TPO roof.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

windpusher
Explorer
Explorer
Just noticed that side panels of Coachman is made of composite materials. Would that also be a plus? I have seen quite a few C's and A's down here with bubbles on exterior panels. Possible sign of delamination.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
KristinU wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
coachmen rubber or TPO roof. winnie, fiberglass. bite the bullet.
bumpy

If it is 2014 check the roof for yourself - don't go on assumption or what the salesman says. They rolled out a few batches of Minnie Winnies with rubber roofs before going back to their signature fiberglass. We toyed with the idea of a new one a month or so ago and looked at a couple - saw one of each roof material in our market.

X2 on checking the roof.
I asked my salesman if the Itasca 2014 31K I was looking at had a fiberglass roof (assuming it did). He climbed the ladder and to the surprise of both of us,discovered it had a EPDM roof.
This was in Mar. 2013 and the unit had been built in Jan 2013. I would have preferred a fiberglass roof, but the fact that it didn't have one didn't stop me from buying. With all the RVs I've had over the years with rubber roofs, I've never had a problem due to the rubber roof.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
STS.jason wrote:
Hi All,

The Minnie Winnie 25B has a MSRP of 65,642. From what I've read on the forums one should expect to pay 25% to 32% off MSRP. Is that applicable to new WInnebago as well? That would put our expected price to pay between 44,636 and 49,231.

BTW, the other MH we're looking at is the Coachmen Freelander 26QB. We thought that given the popularity and reputation of Winnebago's, the dealer pricing may not be as flexible.

And thank you to all for the great advice on this forum. This site has been the best source of information on our search for a MH. I look forward to becoming an active member once we get up and running with our rig.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason,

When I ordered mine (factory order through dealer) I got 26% off MSRP. Get a build sheet for the RV you are interested in, total up the RV with all the options you want and go shopping. Get price quotes from Lichtsinn in Iowa and Lewis RV in Ohio and be prepared to go on a trip to get an RV if your local dealer won't get close. I was but when my local dealer came in with their second offer less than a thousand dollars more I elected to stay local.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

If it is 2014 check the roof for yourself - don't go on assumption or what the salesman says. They rolled out a few batches of Minnie Winnies with rubber roofs before going back to their signature fiberglass. We toyed with the idea of a new one a month or so ago and looked at a couple - saw one of each roof material in our market.
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

realdeal1003
Explorer
Explorer

exfedemployee
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday we looked at a Thor, I believe it was a 26.... soon as we stepped inside, my wife said, this is no comparison to the Winnebago... Poor fit on cabinets, loose trim, I wish I had taken a photo.... The dealer should have fixed those issues before placing it on the lot... made me wonder how much was wrong with it that we didn't see.....I consider the Coachman a step above the Thor but the features of the Winnie 25B without the slide, couch opposite the dining table, availability of dual glazed glass are the features we are looking for....Since we plan to keep it 20 years, we will order if necessary....we are hoping for a discount in the 28-30% on a in stock unit late December... If not, we will order...It's only a 10 week wait....

I hate to buy new but a one year old Winnie cost about the same as a heavily discounted new one....at least around here it does... We discovered the interest rate, down payment is less on a new one vs. one several years old... Plus longer financing on new....IF I could find a nice one owner, 4 yr old Winnie for $30,000 I'd jump on it but that is unlikely....

STS_jason
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for feedback on your experiences. It sounds like 24% or so off MSRP will be the realistic price. And we're considering used, too. Having a baseline street price for a new Winnie will help us quantity the savings when we come across used ones for sale.

And bumpy hit the nail on the head. The Coachmen has a better floor plan for our needs, but the build quality and materials are also important (e.g. fiberglass roof).

Jason

exfedemployee
Explorer
Explorer
I was quoted $56,888 for one that listed for $74,337.... the base price is $65,412 + options.... I plan to order one later this year on a Ford chassis with V-10, with the heated tanks, oven and dual pane glass + convenience package and safety and comfort packages, this is loaded..... the list should be high $76K and discounted price is around $61-62K, this quote was from a dealer for a order and one mile from the factory....

I like the 25B and don't want a slide.... The best discount I've been offered so far is around 24%.... I'm hoping for better discount....

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few months ago, I negotiated the price for this model. I think the lowest they could go is around 52,000 . After calculating the interest and payments, I changed my mind and brought a used one. No payment, no worry for the next 20 years. The extra $$$ now goes to the kid's college fund.