cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mobile Service in Tucson

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
We will be in Tucson at Lazy Days RV Resort in about a week and want to get a mobile tech to fix a non working heat pump (roof unit) and troubleshoot a noisy Aqua Hot. Looking for any recommendations for reliable mobile service/s in Tucson.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA
12 REPLIES 12

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Update: We arrived in Tucson and Ken met us that same day. He quickly diagnosed a bad fuel pump in my Aqua Hot and my forward roof AC/Heat pump is basically toast. So, as soon as my extended warranty company gets its act together, Ken will return and replace the AC and fix the Aqua Hot.

He seems very knowledgeable.

Beltone_Magoo
Explorer
Explorer
Had Ken replace our rear air conditioner last year in May. He was running behind but we were leaving the next day and he had said he would be there. He did a fine job and also gave me the a/c control board in case we ever change things over. Price was reasonable and had the pleasure of him, his wife and a daughter to entertain us while they worked. Would use him again if I was there and needed service.
Good luck, good health and safe travels!
Doug & Connie
2001 Holiday Rambler Imperial
2001 Subaru Forester toad

rv4jimnme
Explorer
Explorer
We used Cameron and would highly recommend him. We had a full wall slide out complete repair that no one seemed able to troubleshoot including The Factory at Fleetwood until it finally broke down. His wife and he are fun, professional and experts and I would travel from San Diego to Tucson any day if the need arose.

http://www.rvservicereviews.com/ReviewDetails.asp?Submit=&FacilityID=1806&State=AZ&Search=&CategoryID=

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Ken Cameron was recommended to me by quite a few people so I called and he did some work for me. He was very good, very reliable. I keep his phone number in my cell phone and I'll call him again if I need service while in Tucson.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was just at Lazy Days KOA in Tucson last week. I saw several mobile techs in the park including an Aqua Hot tech. Like someone said, ask at the front desk. They were very helpful with information.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions.

I would not let Camping World change a spark plug in my lawn mower.

Aqua Hot only lists two authorized service providers in Tucson; La Mesa RV and a mobile service called Cameron's. I will contact Cameron's and see if he is authorized to come into Lazy Days.

dickiebob
Explorer
Explorer
Believe Camping World is still at that location also.
2007 Monaco Monarch SFS30 SVE
with 2006 Ford F53 V10
2001 Honda CRV Toad

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Based on what I have read about Lazy Days (primarily the FL operation), I wasn't sure they were that good. Also, did not really want coach in a shop and prefer the convenience of having a mobile person come to coach.

Never been in any RV park that does not allow service people to come in. I was under the impression that since the park is a KOA, it would be allowed.

I wanted to call ahead and get on someone's schedule now since I figured this was the 'high season' in that area.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
For awhile the park was not allowing any outside repair people. Don't know if that policy has changed. RVservice reviews is one of the worst sites for finding repair people. The Tucson listed shops are years out of date. A couple of the recommended shops are horrible.

Moisheh

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
First, I believe you will find that the location you are referring to is no longer the Lazy Days resort, but is now owned and operated by KOA.

As for a mobile service, I would check with the resort office. They may have a list of names. Many times, they will not allow mobile services providers that have not registered with them to work on their property. They likely require an insurance certificate from the repair service to cover the resort from potential liability. It would not at all be unusual for the resort to require a minimum of a million dollar liability policy naming the resort as an insured to allow them to enter the resort and provide service.

Also, I am with Executive, why not visit the Lazy Days service facility?
2012 American Coach Revolution

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are we to "assume" Lazy Days can't fix it??? I mean, you're right there....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
try looking at
rvservicereviews.com.
If you use someone please post the result on that website as well