cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorhome will not move

satboyz1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Fleetwood pace arrow on the workhorse chasse when I was on my way to Florida stopped to get gas when I went to move I could move the shifter gear nothing would happen the service brake light was on but the brake was not on called Good Sam roadside the motor home was towed into a service outlet they found that the fuse for the service brake light was gone replace the fuse that fixed it for this it cost $1400.00 can anyone tell me where would this fuse be located and next what would make the fuse to blow if it happens again I would save myself $1400.00 tried to get information from the machanic only would tell me the fuse operated a hydrolic pump somthing about the transmition
29 REPLIES 29

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Your GS Road Emergency should have covered the tow.
Did the mechanic have a mask on when he help you up?

As said. I would want to know just what all they did. Even than they could had you a lot of BS.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that the auto park system has 2 fuses, one is a regular fuse (15 amp?)somewhere in the fuse panels and one is an inline fusable link (high amp maybe 45?) in the wire going to the electric driven hydraulic pump. That being said, $1400 seems pretty steep if they didn't fix the cause of the fuse blowing. Was a part of the $1400 for the towing?
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

satboyz1
Explorer
Explorer
country sunflower wrote:
Where we you when this happened to you?

I was in Florence, SC

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
satboyz1, can you at least respond to the remarks you have received? There must have been more to it than replacing a fuse cause the $1400.00 you quoted seems ridiculous for just replacing a fuse. How long did it take? Did Good Sam tow you for free? Help us out here.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
satboyz1 wrote:
I have a 2006 Fleetwood pace arrow on the workhorse chasse when I was on my way to Florida stopped to get gas when I went to move I could move the shifter gear nothing would happen the service brake light was on but the brake was not on called Good Sam roadside the motor home was towed into a service outlet they found that the fuse for the service brake light was gone replace the fuse that fixed it for this it cost $1400.00 can anyone tell me where would this fuse be located and next what would make the fuse to blow if it happens again I would save myself $1400.00 tried to get information from the machanic only would tell me the fuse operated a hydrolic pump somthing about the transmitionthe machanic only would tell me the fuse operated a hydrolic pump somthing about the transmition

For a $1400. fuse repair, I would've made darned sure that I had a thorough understanding of what the heck I was paying that much money for! Having said that, I have to believe that there is more to this story...
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

lostmarbles
Explorer
Explorer
I do not buy anything new anymore. The overcharging continues on the new items. Plus, now those black boxes are mandatory. Just another reason to hate this government to allow this. They work for the businesses, not us.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got caught in a new rental car once that had the autobrake system. No levers to push etc... I had nosed into a parking spot and when I was ready to back out could not release the brake. Finally grabbed a passer by and he put the car in drive and the brake released just fine. I never thought of that haha... I was wanting to back up instead.

Had similar problems when the new cars came out with all the light controls on the steering column haha... Guess we suppose to read the books...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know where that fuse is located or what it protects, but I sure would of had the mechanic show me where it was located for the next time. I would of questioned the $1400 repair bill for that fuse, even with troubleshooting I feel that is kind of high. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

Popsie
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps much of the $1,400 was for the call out and the towing?

Perhaps your insurance will cover part of that charge?

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm guessing this was one of the P series chassis and that you had a problem with the Autopark brake. There are a few components that go bad but none of then should cost $1400 to replace. This was probably a case of an untrained mechanic charging you by the hour to LEARN about the system. Here is one link:
Autopark brake

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Just where was this service outlet located and who were they? I want to remove it from my map!!

If that state has regulated, licensed, service garages, I would be reporting them to the regulatory agency in that state. i.e. NYS does: Know Your Rights in Auto Repair. But not all states do. An you should be complaining to your Good Sam rep about this!!! Good Sam Roadside Assistance - Ask Marcus
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
$1400.00 for a fuse! That has to be the most expensive fuse in automotive history.
Did they not do something else, or did the Canadian plate say....thank you

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Surely there has to more to this story than just a fuse.
I know that some dealers might try to charge more than required, but I can't imagine they would have told you they charged that much to replace a fuse?
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

country_sunflow
Explorer
Explorer
Where we you when this happened to you?

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
So a mechanic worked on it, but wouldn't show you what he did? I'd have a problem with that.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4