cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My wife can't decide, Please Help

rv-dreaming
Explorer
Explorer
My wife is taking a survey, what do you prefer, booth or dinette table and why?
60 REPLIES 60

Floridafrances
Explorer
Explorer
We specifically ordered our Vista with the dinette/buffet option. It has a tabletop that is permanently extended enough for 2 people but will pull out from under the counter top to seat 2 more. Even with both slides in, there's plenty of walking room. Two of the chairs fold and are stored under the bed.

There's a wall of cabinets along that wall, both under and over the dining area so we have plenty of storage that is easily accessible and configured such that things aren't piled on top of one another like they were when I had a booth set-up eons ago. Our flat screen TV is on that same wall between the counter top and the upper cabinets. This puts the TV across from the sofa which was important to us. We really don't like a TV in the front.

It's just the 2 of us, and even if we take one or two of our grandchildren with us one of these days when they get old enough, we still have the sofa sleeper.

As the other answers indicate, it's really a personal choice that only you two can answer. My best advice is to think about how you'll use your RV and what matters most to you. And above all, try out the arrangement - booth, tables and chairs, pull-out and chairs (like ours) - to see if it's comfortable.

I don't think we'd have bought an RV without a set-up similar to ours, but that's because it's what works for us. That's the key. It has to be what works for you.

Good hunting and hope you find a rig you fall in love with.
Frances & Tom with 3 rescue cats - Peaches, Snippet,and BP. And in spirit Aja (Dec 2014) and Tipper (Oct 2016).
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
2008 4 door Hardtop Wrangler Unlimited 4X4

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
Booth because there's room for a cat to sit next to me. ๐Ÿ˜‰
1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
dinette for us

We find chairs more comfortable than booth seating. And the kids are 6' tall, so no one left to sleep in a converted booth.

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
We've had both and unless the booth had very comfortable seating and plenty of room, we find the table and chairs a better choice for us.

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
We presently have a booth, but next RV (or a remodel) will see a buffet for storage, with a pull out table and chairs. Our booth is NOT configured for travel (no seat belts), so that's not a consideration. The backs are so upright that even with the good cushions we have, it can get uncomfortable fairly quickly.

The key is to look at exactly how that booth is set up, versus how a dinette is set up, and go with the one that works best for your needs.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Richert
Explorer
Explorer
We have had both at one time or another, as stated above there are lots of reasons for either one. We prefer the table as 95% of the time it is just 2 of us and it gives us more move around space in the MH, also, our MH has a very large window that goes almost from ceiling to floor which gives us more light and a better view outdoors. We liked the booth as it gave us a lot more space to store "stuff", everyone has lots of stuff, of course it made in to a bed were the kiddos could sleep if they were along. Like I said above now it is just the 2 of us most of the time. Happy Wife, Happy life, Happy Camping!
Blake
2019 Sunseeker
2012 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Wife in passenger seat.

restorodder
Explorer
Explorer
Table and chairs is our choice. We took out the booth bench's, and replaced them with two custom made chairs from Newmar. With the full wall slide, we have a nice wide hallway even with the slide in, except The bench's blocked half of the walk through area. Now without the bench's,the coach is liveable even with the slide in. No one ever visits us, so we only have two chairs. We did not need the storage space either. Newmar made the chairs to match our interior,(its all in the computer). We also bought two Longenberger picknic baskets, that go in the corners next to the wall. I hope the new owners will like our set up, because we sold the bench's.
2008 Newmar Canyon Star - 2007 Dodge Dakota Toad - Ready Brute tow bar & brake system - one cat - Sassy 14

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
We prefer the seating of a table and chairs but most of the chairs they supply for RVs are horrible. However we have a dinette and love the underseat storage drawers for cookware.

We beleive our best option is to build a table/storage unit that still mounts securely to the wall with as much storage as the large under seat drawers. And I would buy office type chairs that are adjustable and have wheels.

The dinette makes a decent bed for a child so if the extra sleeping space is needed and the couches aren't enough it's an option worth keeping.
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
We've had both and both worked very well. Just two of us so we will probably stick to table and chairs...but a booth would not be a deal killer. We don't have any problems with the chairs while we are rolling down the road. Sit in both and imagine yourself getting up and out for many trips...what feels "right" to you?
The Dunks - Terry and Steve
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

jcollins62
Explorer
Explorer
No debate for us as we begin our search. Dinette. There will only be the two of us 99.9% of the time.

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
We changed out our table for a j lounge then changed that for a dining bar facing the window Best upgrade we ever did,
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

country_sunflow
Explorer
Explorer
In our old MH, we had a booth, I really hated the space that it took, but that MH didn't have slides, SO we took out the booth and replaced it with an eating bar with storage up the back all the way to the bottom of the window, I went from having about a foot of counter top to 5 feet of counter space. Our son who is a great wood worker, made the cabinet doors to match the rest of the doors on the MH. Really liked the new space, but love the 2009 DP with three slides. Only wish we would have taken some pictures of the before and after, because the dealer was really empressed with the eating bar and counter space.

horizon36
Explorer
Explorer
Devonm2012 wrote:
We wanted a booth and orders ours with one. Several reasons......storage underneath (I cook constantly and needed the storage for kitchen stuff), much more comfortable to sit in (our opinion, of course!) and the wall at the end of the bench is also included so you can sit with your back against the wall, feet stretched out and it makes a mini lounge chair! We would not have an RV with anything else. Ours is leather.

Yep, us too!
Live Long and Prosper.

Home is where we park it.
FT since August 2010

'02 Itasca Horizon 36LD
'02 Jeep GC toad

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Recently replaced booth with table and wall cabinets. Table wins hands down if sleeping space not needed. 1. More storage, 2. Easier access to stored items - just move a chair and open the door, 3. table length choices with two ten inch leaves in our case, 4. Great seating and arm space for five people, 5. Table/do-dad and serving space greatly increased with addition of counter top on wall cabinets. Weighs less and purely subjective - but we think it looks better and makes space look bigger. Also I have not done it yet but I plan to cut adjoining sleeper sofa arm down to same level as seating area. This will allow one to actually lay down on couch with feet extending over the end. Totally impossible with booth seatback in the way.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike