cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Choosing a Class A - Does This Model Exist?

Merry
Explorer
Explorer
My son and his wife want to join us on our camping trips. They would like a gas not diesel unit. They would also like bunks beds, a bath and a half, outdoor kitchen and entertainment center, and maybe solar. I'm not really familiar with Class A RVs so definitely need some suggestions.
Thanks so much!
Edited to add a fireplace to the wish list 🙂
2014 Pleasure-Way Pursuit (B+)
16 REPLIES 16

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:
Effy wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:
Newmar Canyon Star 3925. Everything they're looking for except the outside kitchen, which I have to say I don't ever remember seeing on a MH.

Really? Plenty of MH's with an outdoor kitchen.

I see them on TT and 5th wheels all the time, I can't say I've ever noticed one on a MH. Then again, I haven't been looking for one either.

You're correct, while there are a few it doesn't seem to be as popular of an option as it is on trailers. The ones I've seen the kitchen is normally in a drawer in the pass through storage compartment. That means you lose almost all of that storage compartment.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Bruce_Brown
mtofell1 wrote:
Effy wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:
Newmar Canyon Star 3925. Everything they're looking for except the outside kitchen, which I have to say I don't ever remember seeing on a MH.

Not really too many. I have a list pretty much like the OP's son and realize I will likely have to give something up. The Thor Challenger 37TB is the best I've found. 1.5 baths, bunks, washer/dryer hookups, drop down bunk over the driving area. Just no kitchen. I'm thinking when the time comes I'll just but portable stuff to make the kitchen.

This is my first year my new 5th wheel and first time with an outdoor kitchen and it is really nice. By far the part I appreciate the most is the sink. Setting up a grill and burners is easy enough. But a sink with hot/cold running water is a bit tougher. It's super nice to be able to wash hands after throwing some meat on the grill or after dumping tanks.

While certainly not an outdoor kitchen, we do have an outside shower for hand washing, etc, although I would think an outside sink would be easier to use.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:

Not really too many. I have a list pretty much like the OP's son and realize I will likely have to give something up. The Thor Challenger 37TB is the best I've found. 1.5 baths, bunks, washer/dryer hookups, drop down bunk over the driving area. Just no kitchen. I'm thinking when the time comes I'll just but portable stuff to make the kitchen.

This is my first year my new 5th wheel and first time with an outdoor kitchen and it is really nice. By far the part I appreciate the most is the sink. Setting up a grill and burners is easy enough. But a sink with hot/cold running water is a bit tougher. It's super nice to be able to wash hands after throwing some meat on the grill or after dumping tanks.

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
I had an outdoor kitchen on my Discovery, Never used it, was a big waste of storage space.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
That Canyon Star is huge, for a gas powered motorhome. Does that gas engine have enough power for that thing and a 4000 pound toad too?

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Bruce_Brown
Effy wrote:
Bruce Brown wrote:

I see them on TT and 5th wheels all the time, I can't say I've ever noticed one on a MH. Then again, I haven't been looking for one either.
Bruce & Jill Brown

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Bruce Brown wrote:

2013 ACE 29.2

Bruce_Brown
Newmar Canyon Star 3925. Everything they're looking for except the outside kitchen, which I have to say I don't ever remember seeing on a MH. Actually it's a bit better, as it has 2 full baths.

Newmar Canyon Star

Bruce & Jill Brown

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bath and a half along with bunk beds will be a show stopper. Closest I found is a Hurricane/Windsport 34J. Bunk beds, exterior kitchen, exterior TV. Also has the full size bed on a lift over the driver's seat and a sleeper sofa. Sleeps 8 adults.

Hurricane Class A
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
I was about to say it doesn't exist, but then somebody posted a link at the Allegro 36AU and it does exist! The bunk beds can be easy to find as I've noticed quite a few floor plans that offer them as an option. They put them where a closet would otherwise be. I even saw one that was convertible from bunk beds to a closet by folding the beds up.

What I didn't think you would find a lot of is the bath and a half. You normally only see that in longer units close to the 40 foot range. The reason for it is when they put a nice big bathroom right at the back of the coach. They include the half bath mainly because you can't get to the big back with the slides closed without crawling over the bed. I personally would not get one of those models simply because you lose a lot of square footage to bathrooms and that has to come from someplace else. But some people like their bathrooms, so that's why it is a popular floorplan.

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
an attic would be nice 🙂
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Merry
Check out the 2017 Tiffin Allegro 36AU. It fits the bill for most of what you are looking for. It is a 36 foot gas coach, has a bath and a half, can be ordered with electric fireplace. No outside entertainment center but can be ordered with an outside TV built in the side of the coach. Not sure about solar panels but you might could order them on the roof. The bunks are nice because if the children are not traveling with you the bunks flip down and the area converts into a big closet with a clothes bar. It is a nice coach, check it out. Good luck with your search.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here you go:

http://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Lazydays-RV-America---Aurora-822090/listing/2017-Forest-River-George...

No outside kitchen though and really...they are a waste of space. Just get a Coleman stove and set it on a table.

I doubt new motorhomes would come with solar panels except for a very small one for charging the battery - not for dry camping. That would be something that owners can do on their own or take it to a solar installer.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Merry
Explorer
Explorer
That is an interesting floor plan but they are really hoping for bunks
2014 Pleasure-Way Pursuit (B+)