cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need some ref. for insurance on a new Lazy Daze

johnalavery
Explorer
Explorer
Will be ordering a new Lazy Daze next month and need some companies for quotes, and how you have been treated as a customer. Thanks John In OR.
13 REPLIES 13

JT
Explorer
Explorer
I thnk maybe you should take a look here.link
---
Uhh..yeah; that's the thread I referred to in an earlier post. :h:)

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
I thnk maybe you should take a look here.link

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
tjfogelberg wrote:
Liberty Mutual has been very good.

We were Liberty Mutual customers for over 40 years. Other than an occasional comprehensive claim for a windshield we have had no claims in that time and our driving records are excellent. This year they raised their rates again on both my Homeowners and Auto to where it was becoming onerous. I decided to shop around and found out that I could cut both bills by almost 50%. I went with a local Washington Grange insurance company that has an excellent record. I added a $1,000,000 umbrella policy and still cut my bill by almost half. This company only insures folks with excellent driving records. I'd recommend an independent insurance broker to shop around for you and see what they can do for you. Liberty Mutual used to be one of the best for both service and price but lately they have slipped on both counts.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

JT
Explorer
Explorer
Just a FYI: there's a thread on Progressive Insurance experiences in the "General RVing Issues" forum. It might be worth a read, keeping in mind that it's sometimes difficult to assess the accuracy/validity of a post without having all of the information; that "grain of salt" thing, you know.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I retired from a Property and Casualty insurance company. I was an Actuary. The individual states each regulate their own insurance rates. Your home state may set the rates that all companies must charge for the same coverage, some require that you file your rates with the regulating authority and get approval before using them, and some allow you to charge whatever you choose for each individual policy. (Pretty rare).
In Florida, you can't just write insurance on property in the middle of the state. You're required to also sell a percentage of your policies along both coasts where the hurricanes happen.
And I've been retired too long to remember how Oregon handles it.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

DaCrema
Explorer
Explorer
We are insured with Progressive.
When I was about to buy I started researching and came across a RV blog where the an RV struck by lighting. The owner had Progressive and was very happy with the way the company took care of him (http://www.andybaird.com/travels/skylarking/2010/zapped.htm).
When I talked with our insurance agent he suggested Progressive. The insurer for our house and cars does not insure RVs. Based on the comments from the blog and the Lazy Daze forum at that time I took our agents advice very willingly.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
USAA and GEICO come to mind.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
johnalavery wrote:
Will be ordering a new Lazy Daze next month and need some companies for quotes, and how you have been treated as a customer. Thanks John In OR.

Why not check with who insures your other vehicle(s) and home first ?
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

PatrickA51
Explorer
Explorer
johnalavery wrote:

Posted By wrote:

Mine is with Mercury. When I have had claims, one my fault one not, they were on it. I like them. They just insured my

new to me Itasca plus my off road equipment, trailer,house, hot rod. I have an agent in town, they come to the house if

you like. Compared to other insurance companies, you know the 15 minute or less routine, the rates and coverage

by Mercury is very good .

I would say Mercury Insurance. With our policy we have a great towing plan. We call who we want to use and they pay for it.
We have Coach-net but my insurance carrier will pay better and get us a tow truck in less time than Coach-Net or Good Sams.

Also we get a multi-Vehicle discount, also we have our home owners insurance with and get a discount for that also.
You might check them out.

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive. Excellent service on a recent claim.
๐Ÿ™‚

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is with Mercury. When I have had claims, one my fault one not, they were on it. I like them. They just insured my

new to me Itasca plus my off road equipment, trailer,house, hot rod. I have an agent in town, they come to the house if

you like. Compared to other insurance companies, you know the 15 minute or less routine, the rates and coverage

by Mercury is very good .

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I have mine with State Farm. They have been very courteous accepting my premium payments. I have no cause to either recommend or not recommend. When I had my travel trailer I had American Modern Insurance who also was very nice about accepting payment.

Mainly just wanted to say enjoy your Lazy Daze. I've enjoyed mine.

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
Liberty Mutual has been very good.