cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nexus Super C

Triturate
Explorer
Explorer
If you were going for a Super C would you recommend Gas or Diesel?

Does anyone have experience with the Nexus Ghost? Pros & Cons. Any other company models you would recomend?

Looking for any suggestions on Super C. Our first motor home after many years with travel trailers.
19 REPLIES 19

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
Other than a cabover bed and maybe purchase price, why would a Super C diesel be preferred over a diesel pusher? It seems to me a DP offers more living room by including the two front seats. DPs will have a much larger basement without the driveshaft running front to rear.

A Diesel Pusher seems the better choice for a married couple full timing.....Agreed? If not, why?

For a short while a large gasoline engine was offered in a pusher.

Oh, I just found one for sale HERE.

Ron,
I can only speak for myself, but one reason I could be interested in a Super C versus a DP is the fuel economy. In theory, they could be building some DPs that match the MPG of a Super C. But they don't make them.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

TX_Dirt_Farmer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2012 Seneca. It is on a Freightliner M2 chassis with a Cummins diesel. I have had Class A gas and a Class C Ford. In my opiniom there is no comparison to a Super Class C because of all of the advantages of other posts. The safety, access through the cab doors, maintenance access are all superior. I have had a few minor problems as a MH owners do, but I would highly recommend a Super Class C.

DrJohn0007
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 GS Endura 6362 and absolutely love it! It has the Duramax/Allison with power to spare. I get 11 to 12 MPG driving 65MPG. It's on the Kodiak chassis and I never get pushed by tractor-trailers or wind and we get a lot of wind in Idaho.

dbear
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
I was reading in the latest Motorhome magazine about a new chassis made to compete with the diesel chassis for the super C market... but using a gasoline engine. It will be interesting comparing the maintenance between that and the usual diesel rigs.

Need more info please. Any idea which manufacturer, or even the chassis class? I hear Dodge is coming out with a bigger gas V8 for their CC's, but Ford already offers the V10 in their class 4 to 6 CC's.

dbear
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
nevadanick wrote:
THOR is making super C on Ford F550 chassis also.

do you have any links or pictures regarding this? Be real interested
in looking at one these! :B

Try Four Winds and Chateau Super C's

Roadtech
Explorer
Explorer
Ron: A couple of more good reasons:
1. Driver door, passenger door, and house door vs. 1 way out in a DP.
2. It has to be safer driving with the steered wheels in front of you rather than under you.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
TyroneandGladys wrote:
Two of our local school districts have switched from diesel engines in there buses to propane and natural gas because the pollution controls on the newer diesels have made them less reliable and more expensive to repair.
At our mega-church, when our old tired E450 diesel shuttles drop out of service, they get replaced with E450-V10 gasoline, I heard for similar reasons. They wanted to stay away from anything diesel.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
I was reading in the latest Motorhome magazine about a new chassis made to compete with the diesel chassis for the super C market... but using a gasoline engine. It will be interesting comparing the maintenance between that and the usual diesel rigs.

Two of our local school district have switched from diesel engines in there buses to propane and natural gas because the pollution controls on the newer diesels have made them less reliable and more expensive to repair.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
Other than a cabover bed and maybe purchase price, why would a Super C diesel be preferred over a diesel pusher? It seems to me a DP offers more living room by including the two front seats. DPs will have a much larger basement without the driveshaft running front to rear.

A Diesel Pusher seems the better choice for a married couple full timing.....Agreed? If not, why?

For a short while a large gasoline engine (maybe Ford V10) was offered in a pusher.

The advantages that I know of a Super C over a DP are:
1. Easier access to the engine making repairs easier/cheaper for maintenance and repairs
2. More facilities for repairs
3. In case of an accident you have all of the motor and forward frame work in front of you
4. The truck portion of the Super C has been crashed tested NO DP has been.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
nevadanick wrote:

do you have any links or pictures regarding this? Be real interested
in looking at one these! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II

For a short while a large gasoline engine was offered in a pusher.

Oh, I just found one for sale HERE.

Driven2it
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 2005 GS35 with the Duramax. The power is awesome and 2005 doesn't have the emissions equipment. Ive driven 450 Ford Cs with the V10 and you cant compare the difference. The power and handling of the super C is far better than the 450 gas chassis.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer