cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No spare tire holder on our 2011 Coachmen Mirada 29ds. What?

susanka
Explorer
Explorer
We thought we had checked this motorhome thoroughly, but didn't notice there's no spare tire, and no apparent place to put one. It's a done deal now, but can anyone tell us are we having a bad dream or does this rig not come with a tire and a place to put it? I have a call in to a dealer, but haven't heard back, and don't know if anyone there will be able to tell me, and I'm betting someone here will. Thank you very much.
22 REPLIES 22

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Where there is a will there is a way. This is a spare tire solution by another RVer, just the tire so that's it's available if needed.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
We have put roughly 75,000 miles on our 2002 DP since we purchased it in 2008. Including Alaska, across Canada, and up and down into and 22 states of Mexico. Never needed a spare.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Ours are 16's and no spare, plenty of room to mount one underneath ours. We're just hoping to get through NM this year without a blow out. Before our next Alaska trip will have a mounted spare.
Like this....adding a spare

or...another
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
What size is your tires, most motorhomes with 19.5 comes with spare, the 22.5 and larger usually don't.

I carry a full mounted 19.5 tire/rim in my rear compartment, never have to wait for road service to fix a flat.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We have no spare tire on our MH. We had a rear hub bearing go bad about 1500 miles from home and I decided to fix it myself. The 22.5 tires are heavier then they were 10 years ago. I worked on construction equipment for 40 years but I would never change a tire that size on the side of the road.
You don't need a spare but I know a few people that carry one in there toad.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
susanka wrote:
I guess I put too many words in when I searched before posting, because I couldn't find any responses. I now see lots of people have talked about this, and I understand there just isn't one there. I also see the pros and cons, so thought I'd back out of this question and not bother the forum members with it. I don't know how to delete my previous post, if there's a way to do that. Sorry.

Nope. no way. Should be but isn't. So no worries
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

susanka
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I put too many words in when I searched before posting, because I couldn't find any responses. I now see lots of people have talked about this, and I understand there just isn't one there. I also see the pros and cons, so thought I'd back out of this question and not bother the forum members with it. I don't know how to delete my previous post, if there's a way to do that. Sorry.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Most Class A motorhomes Gas and Diesel dropped the spare tire years ago. They are usually too heavy for the average person to manhandle regardless of where they attempt to mount it. Class-C models, some still offer the Spare Tire. What most people do is, they buy just the rubber tire and store it inside a storage bay and IF they have a Flat that requires new rubber, they have the tire service mount that new rubber on the rim. If the tire is not damaged they fix the old flat tire. Doug