cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Noisy heater fan

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler Ambassador with a dash heater fan that is getting progressively noisier to the point it is very bothersome to run on high speed. Does anybody know what automotive part might be a replacement?
Happy New Year; Keith
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo
10 REPLIES 10

ILVMYGT
Explorer
Explorer
Go to this link and you get a VDO catalog downloaded.

http://pixtinauto.ru/imgs/autospares/VDO.pdf

Go to page 217 in the catalog. It has dimensions for fan motors. I crossed my fan motor and got it at AutoZone. You might have to put connector on the motor and figure out the correct rotation. The AutoZone fan was $35 and factory was $100. My unit uses 2 fan motors.
2000 Country Coach Magna
CAT 385HP Allison 6sp
1998 Saturn SW2

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
Advanced Auto was able to match mine up new one was 35.00
2009 Challenger

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
I took my mine out read the number on it and posted it on internet. Found several matches and chose one. It fit and now is working fine

Hope you can get one as easily and get yours fixed.

Good luck. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a GOOD automotive HVAC shop and ask them for help. They will often for the good will it creates tell you how to get a new motor or get one for you. I wonder how much it would take to have the commutator turned and new brushes installed. That may be a good alternative.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does it have a number on it since you have it out. Take it to Napa or other auto parts. If a number post it and maybe someone can find it for you.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
MountainAir05 wrote:
Loose Blade or bearing going. Something loose in the box. You are going to have to gain access to the motor.

X2. Also if it is a bearing, it may be possible to just lubricate it. You can with auto bearing grease or many other varieties of lubricants. If it's not too far gone it should work... However, if you've been running it dry you may need to replace.

Also if it is a loose blade, simply tighten if possible. If it's been "jiggling" it may be damaged on the sprocket insert and will need to be machined/drilled or replaced.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
I've motor out and noise seems to be coming from the brushes on the commutator. What I'm asking is there motor available other than one made by "Evans" which is expensive?
Blessing; Keith
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
On two different vehicles in the past I've had a blower get noisy. I one case, a piece of foil duct tape had come off the inside of an intake duct and was doing the "playing card on bicycle spokes" thing (also had this happen on a home heating unit with a large paper label, too). The other time was in a vehicle without a cabin filter and some dried leaves had made it into the fan housing. In neither case did the fan have to be replaced.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"kdk".....Call Monaco with your coach number. They'll give you the part number you need. You could even buy it from them, but they'll probably be pretty high. Most likely a generic fan motor.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Loose Blade or bearing going. Something loose in the box. You are going to have to gain access to the motor.