cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold class action

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone else heard anything from the Norcold class action law suit? To all the naysayers when this was discussed a while back I thought what the heck I have nothing to invest and nothing to lose. So yesterday a letter came with check for nearly $250 with 3 more promised over the next 3 yrs. totaling nearly $1000 helping to pay for the refer I replaced with a residential. At least something positive became of this.
Blessing; Keith

i
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo
33 REPLIES 33

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
First $180 for me.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Received my first of 4 annual checks last week in the amount of $228.90.

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
sailor_lou wrote:
I received a $137.16 check (first of four) for my Norcold 1200LRIM. Anyone know why the difference in what some of us received?

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
It was all based on points.. Did you own it, do you still own it, did you pay to fix it, has it had no problems, etc. The checks were based on these points

I purchased the rig when it was three years old and still own it. I did supply the S/N and had the "shut it down on high temp" recall box installed. It was working, but based on the problems discussed pretty much everywhere, I wasn't going to wait for it to fail or, worst yet, catch on fire so I replaced the fridge with a residential unit that I installed myself.

Maybe (no...most likely) my memory is fading, but I don't recall answering any questions when I first got involved with the class action suit. In any case, any payment was more than I was expecting so no complaints here.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
1-25 points I don't know the formula but I received the max amount because I currently ( not the first owner) own a early 2002-2003 model 1200lrim .. the prime candidate and was able to provide the serial number. While I have done some things to improve airflow I didn't provide any other receipts or proof. The bad thing is I think all the RV places that are good at changing out and modifying the cabinet to fit a residential will now be booked up as some will now find comfort that a large part of the switch out will now be paid for. Having it done costs 2000-3000 bucks depending on how much of the cabinetry need modified and of course which residential you choose and if you need to modify electrical ( more batteries and pure sine wave inverter ) it can get much more expensive.
Bill

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
sailor_lou wrote:
I received a $137.16 check (first of four) for my Norcold 1200LRIM. Anyone know why the difference in what some of us received?

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
It was all based on points.. Did you own it, do you still own it, did you pay to fix it, has it had no problems, etc. The checks were based on these points
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
Last week I received the first of four settlements of $228.90. Today I received $4,400.00 for my billable hours!
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
Had a Series 8 Norcold in our former RV. No issues with the fridge however it was not a requirement to be a member of the class action. Received $45 this year and $45 a year for the next three years. The suit ended almost year ago with final determinations entered months after. This was very well publicized and documented in just about every RV publication, forum, etc. for a long time prior to the closing of eligibility.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
I submitted no repair bill ( the claim asked for none !) To my memory it was only if I still owned it the model and specific serial number of the affected years. Every forum and rv mag was full of info on how to claim there were adds in magazines etc
If you didn't file a claim some time ago , to my knowledge you are sol .. the claim is settled. But who knows ? The amounts were based on those numbers who claimed .

Same here, they requested the copies of the repair bills a couple of months ago, our problem: they were in our storage unit 700 miles away, missed the filing deadline by time back in the area of the storage unit. With Norcold's extended warranties, a $500 deductible with Good Sam for a new Amish designed cooling unit installed and addition of a ARP controller. On the 3 Norcold 1200's that have "lived" in our Phaeton since 2005, we're out of pocket about $650 total. With our full timing life style it doesn't sound like that much. Just paid $1200 for 4 new slide toppers, those 3 Norcold could have cost us over $9,000 if each purchased new.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
Received my $228.90 check today. 1st of 4
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Received first of four checks. Check was in the amount of $228.90.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
I believe its based on years of ownership and out of pocket repairs
The ones that will get around 900$ I believe must have had to replace cooling unit etc
My buddy has owned his since 2004 and he only got $45 so far but has never spent a cent on the fridge but got extra 3 years warrenty on the cooling unit
SCVJeff wrote:
tropical36 wrote:
jorbill2or wrote:
tropical36 wrote:
I assume that this was just for the original owner, as we're the third on this coach and have never heard a word about it, before this?

Nope all you had to do is currently or in the past own one and have the numbers ... many said it was a waste of time :S they may re think that poor decision ..been on all the forums for over a year. Nice to get almost a grand .. helps out on the repair or replace !

OK, so we've had ours for a year now. What's the next step???
its been closed for almost a year now. This thing settled about the time I replaced mine with Helium and that was last July. Best guess is one of the PO's got that notice and likely in on the class action

So, no compensation for my aggravation, eh? I haven't spent money, since a good Samaritan sent me an ARP for next to free, but have fooled with it a good bit and in addition to that install.
Nope! Judgement called, & disbursements are now starting for those that were part of the class action. On top of the letters sent, there has been discussion on all of the RV forums for several years. Sorry bout that..
The ARP obviously doesn't fix the problem but it's certinaly a better early warning device if you're gonna stick with the OEM
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
I submitted no repair bill ( the claim asked for none !) To my memory it was only if I still owned it the model and specific serial number of the affected years. Every forum and rv mag was full of info on how to claim there were adds in magazines etc
If you didn't file a claim some time ago , to my knowledge you are sol .. the claim is settled. But who knows ? The amounts were based on those numbers who claimed .
Bill

ljr869
Explorer
Explorer
Just received mine for $228.90
Jim
2009 Fleetwood Bounder 35H
Ford V-10 w/ Banks