cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Older class A, could become mine

Parallel_Lines
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have found a 1999 Monaco Windsor that is in great shape. We are considering buying it as our first motor home. Once we get acquainted with RVing we will decide if someday we want to move on to something newer. The price is around the same as the first years depreciation on a new RV, so if we decide that RVing is not for us we don't stand to lose too much money.

We need the experience in order to decide if we might want to spend time touring the country in a motor home after we retire. We have budgeted money for yearly maintenance and repair. I am having the unit inspected today by a diesel mechanic with a CDL. I have already located a good truck repair shop that can do any work that is necessary in the future. I have already passed the written test for my class B drivers license (this unit is over the weight limit for a class C license in my state) and will do the practical when I get the motor home.

I understand that I will have to spend some time studying the manuals when I get the unit to understand how all the systems work. I worked as an aircraft mechanic, repairing jets, for six years so I have a fair understanding of self-contained mechanical systems, and I can follow a manual. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm interested in hearing comments from experienced RVers. Have I missed anything? Is there anything else I should do or prepare for?

Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
This book will give you a lot of basic information on RV operation.
Bob Livingston
RV.net will give you a lot of in sites. If you need answers this is the place.
Good luck with your rig!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker