cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older Rv Looking For Parts for Repairs

Brownlee7467
Explorer
Explorer
My Husband & I have an 1989 Holiday Rambler(We Inherited it)& Are very Happy that we have it, Its Still in very Good Condition we have had it now for 2yrs & Since we've been using it, we are seeing Minor things that are in need of fixing(trying to catch them while its small, so Not to become Bigger or worse!)But, Searching for Parts & Finding them Are VERY VERY Hard to do! Some! I have found on Ebay, Some thru Amazon! But Other Parts that I REALLY Need, I Caint Seem to find them Anywhere! my Local places for RV's don't seem to carry or Caint get them themselves! So at this point I'm in now, is just STUCK!! If ANYONE knows where I can find & order I would be greatly Appreciative! Thanks!
30 REPLIES 30

MrWizard
for things like the porch light you can find new replacements that are very similar
The hardest thing for me to find is the dang cabinet catches

that are on inside and actually hold them shut
OEM is spring and roller type, i tried some other types, but they don't fit all the cabinets, i have box full must be 50 of them
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
In some cases you can haunt the salvage yards. In others you need to make a decision.. Do I want to keep it OEM all the way or do I wish to modify.

Take that outside light, Let's say the fixture is retangular 3x4.. Well if you get one that's 4x6 and still being manufactured you can replace the entire fixture, it will still look good (But it won't be "original" any more) And I would consider an upgrade to LED while I'm at it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
Not too distant future, one will be able to make those hard to find parts with a 3D printer.:b
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable 😛
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
RV Salvage Yards
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
See if these people can help Colaw's clicky.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

donandmax
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

If your RV has lost its shine, consider Red Max Pro/Zep to restore the shine.

I agree I use this product every spring and my 96 shines like new and lasts for a couple years. although you should put it on every year.
Simple to apply.. Wash coach and apply thinly with micro fiber cloth. no polishing or rubbing. I wouldnt use anything else. Just make sure old wax is removed..
If it aint broke fix it till it is

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum!

Don't fret. MANY of the most breakable parts on a MH are universal and can be found at any of your local camping stores or Camping World. Look up local RV dealers too. Most have a small retail parts store within the dealership and carry parts that are common to all RV's.

Almost all your appliances are universal also. Post what you are in need of we can help you find them.

Also, welcome to the wonderful world of RV'ing!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
I actually had to replace that light cover on my HR. It was a standard size part that I was able to find at Camping World. Either CW or another RV dealer in your area should have one.

Miles
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Certain things it is going to be far easier to simply buy a complete new parts. While it may not be exact match you should be able to find suitable alternatives for just about everything escept maybe some body parts.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.

If your RV has lost its shine, consider Red Max Pro/Zep to restore the shine.

bitster98
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the world of owning a older coach. There are a lot of good folks on this forum that will help' but you have to list more information. Gas/diesel model length chassis ect.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you can post a picture, or give any numbers or manufacturer's name on the part that would help. You may also try a sign manufacturing company in your area. They are used to working with plastics and may be able to fabricate a suitable replacement.

Brownlee7467
Explorer
Explorer
Son of Norway wrote:
Does it look like this? What parts do you need? By the way, welcome to the forums!

Miles

***** Yes this is My MH & I'm looking for a few things , but the Main thing is the Out side Light Cover on the Rt side(going out) of the door, under the Hand grab! My cover is cracking & flaking! & I have looked Every where for one with NO luck! I know with having an Older (80's model) MH, most places no longer carry parts! But I can Hope!!

FernandoSanders
Explorer
Explorer
You can also search local dealers on internet as many dealers sell only Parts online and also provide delivery ,i am sure you will get it online itself.Can you name of the parts you required.

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Does it look like this? What parts do you need? By the way, welcome to the forums!

Miles
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO