cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinion on used RV

mspontiac
Explorer
Explorer
((Takes deep breath, steps into Class A forum))

Hello all...

My husband and I are not new to RVing, and currently own a 2015 Jayco Jayflight TT. We are looking at making the jump to a Class A.

We show a Great Dane and have been bitten by the Class A bug because it makes traveling to shows so much easier with a big dog. We are looking at adding a second dog to show. Our F250 won't comfortably fit these guys while traveling with a TT.

Our budget would be less than $90,000, and we prefer to have a 2005 or newer MH. We want to go with diesel with under 100,000 miles. With big dogs, a 35 foot or more is our preference. We do camp frequently and the campground we usually go to could accommodate one that size, I believe.

We have narrowed it down to several, and one that has caught our eye is a 2007 Damon Tuscany 4076 with 55,000 miles. I have seen some mention that Damon is not the best manufacturer since it was taken over by Thor. Does anyone have input on this coach that might help me decide if it would be a good choice?

I know this has been asked a million times, and I know that the answer will always have a lot of variables. I was hoping to hear from anyone who may have pro or con stories about this make/model in this year range. Thanks so much!
2005 Starcraft Antigua XLT 305QBS
2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
6 REPLIES 6

MrWizard
Mile High wrote:
Coming from a 5er and F350, I'm all for the Class A, but I'm not sure it solves your dog issue. What doesn't fit in your F350 now, isn't going to fit in what you tow behind your Class A either.

have you ever traveld to dog shows.. I have

they will be camping on site, and walking the dog to exhibition/competition area

there is no time for sight seeing with a TOAD

the dogs will be in the RV

very few dog people carry dogs in TT's the dogs ride in the tow vehicle

hence the desire to shift from TT to Class A when showing (2) Great Danes

class A rvs dominate the RV travelers at dog shows i went too
the local nearby travelers use VANs or Motorized RV
very few TT's at a dog show, unless things have changed

some people with small dogs that ride in the T/V use TT's
large dog owners use motorized RV's no TT no Toad for most
if they have Toad its a small Vehicle for running to the store etc..
not for transporting the dogs
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RE_Todd
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of F250 do you have? Our GD puppy and 65 Boxer fit just fine in the back seat of my F350 CC dually. Our puppy is the runt, 17 months and 120 lbs. They take turns for the seat. That being said, we recently went to a 35SK Thor Super C, the biggest challenge is the Dane hates the noise from all of the cabinets. He wears a Thundercoat, but still wants to be a lap dog. He hears everything we don't and it makes him a nervous wreck!! You can drug him, but thats no fun either.
TinBenders
2002 Jeep Wrangler
39.5's, Atlas, D60's.

2014 Thor Chateau 35SK.
BTW, It's a Super C!!

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be all over This
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
You have enough budget for a DP in the 38'-40' range. I would give up a year or two in age for a higher end coach with lots of nice options and in really good shape, mileage is no problem many many in the 60000 or under range and been kept under cover. Just don't get in a big hurry and read what others are going and have gone through to wait and get whats just right for you. We have friends that travel with 4 red heads(Irish Setters) in a 40' four slide coach with no problem. With an upper end coach you might get Agua hot and an ISL motor with hard wood cabinets and low hour on the Gen.

Happy hunting

LEN

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from a 5er and F350, I'm all for the Class A, but I'm not sure it solves your dog issue. What doesn't fit in your F350 now, isn't going to fit in what you tow behind your Class A either.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Noel
Explorer
Explorer
First, the floor plan must meet your needs. Second, buy an extended service contract, 5-6 years, if you can. Exclusionary, not parts named. Consequential damage option. Transferable to new owner....etc. etc.

Get back if you decide to go this route.
Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L