cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OUTSIDE GROUND COVERING?

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
OK, so now you know I don't do a lot of carpets shopping? Looking for a good cleanable mobility use outdoor ground cover for a Class C? any suggestions as to size? As some folks have a sense of matching a carpet color with WHAT? What do you or would you match and where do you go to get one cut to what size. Little help please, what should I be looking into getting the right sizes carpet? Any and all carpet suggestions truly would be welcomed. I would like to just be able to rinse off with water, but what little I know that just sounds nuts to me.
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?
9 REPLIES 9

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Songbirds wrote:
azrving wrote:
Buy an RV mat. They are made of a plastic type material and water runs through them. They dont rot. Ours is about 9x18 and reversible with a blue pattern on one side and green on the other. They come with metal stakes.

Example

Thank you as I am still trying to learn how to use RV.Net. I typed a reply below thanking everyone. So funny as I woke up and walked into Wal-mart for some coffee and to wake up and the thought never hit me carpets could have been found inside. I did look over some other the RV stuff they carry, but carpets I was thinking a carpet store. Came back to the RV and typed up my request. So funny Thank You, Also when you said "rubber mat" I was thinking a little 3x2-doormat. WOW after we eat will check out Wal-Mart again for a larger Rubber carpet. Thanks
Actually they're not rubber, they are vinyl, or plastic.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:
Buy an RV mat. They are made of a plastic type material and water runs through them. They dont rot. Ours is about 9x18 and reversible with a blue pattern on one side and green on the other. They come with metal stakes.

Example

Thank you as I am still trying to learn how to use RV.Net. I typed a reply below thanking everyone. So funny as I woke up and walked into Wal-mart for some coffee and to wake up and the thought never hit me carpets could have been found inside. I did look over some other the RV stuff they carry, but carpets I was thinking a carpet store. Came back to the RV and typed up my request. So funny Thank You, Also when you said "rubber mat" I was thinking a little 3x2-doormat. WOW after we eat will check out Wal-Mart again for a larger Rubber carpet. Thanks
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone, should have thought Wal-mart so funny as we had stopped there for the night and I typed up my thought. Did go inside for coffee and to wake up. Wish I would have known then so funny. Thanks again.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also check out LOWES - That is where i got my RV Mats...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
Be aware a lot of CG do not allow ground coverings, ALTHO that is what the sign says ~ that is not what i see walking thru the CG. YMMV JM2ยข

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree with the others, go with the RV Mat, you don't need to get them "cut", they come in various sizes, mine is 6'x15' to fit under my awning, you want it at least as big as your awning, but a little bigger won't hurt, (my next one will be 9 x 18.
You can get them at Camping World, WalMart, or nearly any RV dealer, or many other online RV stores.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Agree RV mat from WalMart as stated above. Get any size you want, match any color you want. Doesn't matter to anyone, except yourself. We ended up getting two of them at the same time, since our camper is longer, and one by itself would not fit completely under the awning. It was a good choice to get 2. Sometimes, they are end to end, long ways with the trailer. Sometimes they are side by side, making a longer extension from under the awning.

Since we have 2 quick shades, we can move them under the quick shades also. Lots of variety and options and configurations, depending on the camp site configuration this way.

I suggest getting 2. Get them to fit under the awning (or bigger). That's the size you try to shoot for.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
azrving wrote:

Example

X2 ! We have ones very similar and I believe my wife got them a Wal Mart ! Very light weight, easy to clean, and dry fast !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

Example