cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porpane shut off

SEWRIGHT33
Explorer
Explorer
I cud not see the flame when I tried to light n turn on fridge. Yes it went on n I did not
Check burner - now I know
I want fridge on electric so turned knob to that
N went out n turned propane knob close but my burners
Still lite - help
Long time since I owned a roadtrek n need refresher
Course n notepad Thanks for any help
5 REPLIES 5

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
great so you have the manual.

on propane tanks (I have seen) to close the valve you turn clockwise...it can be hard to see the marks, I highlighted the marks on ours with white grease pencil ( china marker).

there will be slight residual pressure in the gas lines between the tank and the appliances any flame should sputter out.

if not and the flame stays on for more than a few minutes, then we can guess your valve needs servicing.

AND you should have a gas detector in your van to keep you alive- if there is a detector, get it tested.

Mike

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Even when you turn off the propane at the tank there will still be some left in the lines going to the fridge, water heater and stove. Maybe you didn't wait long enough for that to all burn off? You could try lighting the stove after you've turned off the propane and see if it eventually goes out.

SEWRIGHT33
Explorer
Explorer
I have it downloaded - the thing is
I turned the grey knob to fully close but I can still light the burners - is this not odd
I am a newbie and older woman and I don't understand why I still
have burners that light when it is supposedly off
If I turn the knob the other way it comes out further -
in other words to open it up to me but unsure any more
thanks for any help

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
mkguitar wrote:
Did you ever download the manual for you roadtrek?

It has been suggested a couple of times in other threads that you can download the manual ( for free) at the roadtrek website.

Mike

You mean this one that you provided.........HERE

OP.......
Help yourself....download your manual, print it, read it and then you will have it for reference.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
Did you ever download the manual for you roadtrek?

It has been suggested a couple of times in other threads that you can download the manual ( for free) at the roadtrek website.

Mike