cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PressurePro System

jbuening
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone successfully changed the battery of a PressurePro tire sensor? If so, can you provide details?
Thanks,
Jack Buening
Jacksonville, FL
14 REPLIES 14

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
fcooper wrote:
Regarding the TST system:
Teacher's Pet wrote:
What I do not like about the "new" system is that you can't "shift" from front to rear unit, as on the PP, so the toad can have a TPMS when disconnected from the motorhome. "Unhooking the trailer" to eliminate it's sensors from the monitor, is given in the instructions, not the other way around.

I have the same problem, but often just move the monitor from the motorhome to the toad and use it in that manner. It will still scan for the motorhome, and not find it. After about an hour, it will alarm and I just shut off the alarm. (If you turn it on within range of the motorhome, it may see those sensors and alarm when you drive away...just wait until you drive away to turn on the monitor.)

I've also removed the motorhome from the monitor memory, and reprogrammed when preparing for the next trip. Probably only took about 2 or 3 minutes to reprogram on my last trip.

A third alternative that I have not tried but was suggested on this forum is to program the toad as the "front unit" and the motorhome as the towed vehicle....and then you can drop and later add the towed vehicle as TST allows. It does make the display less intuitive.

Either of these methods work, and you have tpms monitoring for your toad.

Fred

I have talked to the folks at TST about the operation of the booster and found the wire color codes were reversed at my power source (LED light will only come on if polarity is correct). I was able to order an additional monitor at reduced cost from them for use in the toad. Set up is, turn off the coach monitor and "scan" the sensors on the toad for the new monitor in the toad. When towing turn off the toad monitor, when disconnecting the toad turn off the coach monitor and turn on the toad monitor.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
We have had our 10 unit PP system since 2006. Not many other brand to chose from at the time. We take store them when not in use as we think that lengthens the battery life. Can not prove that. We did notice this last trip we were dropping sensor readings for a short time period more frequently than in the past. The battery icon on the monitor that indicates a low battery charge has never come on. We do use a repeater located in the rear of the MH.

TPMS and this is the reason we use TPMS. We did this and we never felt a thing until we stopped to refuel. We were fortunate in that we did not ruin a the rim.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
We absolutely use the TPMS in the toad when not in the motorhome. Check the car before driving and enjoy the peace of mind of knowing it a problem occurs. Drove the toad from TX to AZ to buy "new to us" coach monitoring toad only-- installed sensors on new coach and drove home monitoring all 10 tires.

Probably as important in the toad at 80 MPH (speed limit on I-10 across W Texas) as in the coach coming back.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding the TST system:
Teacher's Pet wrote:
What I do not like about the "new" system is that you can't "shift" from front to rear unit, as on the PP, so the toad can have a TPMS when disconnected from the motorhome. "Unhooking the trailer" to eliminate it's sensors from the monitor, is given in the instructions, not the other way around.

I have the same problem, but often just move the monitor from the motorhome to the toad and use it in that manner. It will still scan for the motorhome, and not find it. After about an hour, it will alarm and I just shut off the alarm. (If you turn it on within range of the motorhome, it may see those sensors and alarm when you drive away...just wait until you drive away to turn on the monitor.)

I've also removed the motorhome from the monitor memory, and reprogrammed when preparing for the next trip. Probably only took about 2 or 3 minutes to reprogram on my last trip.

A third alternative that I have not tried but was suggested on this forum is to program the toad as the "front unit" and the motorhome as the towed vehicle....and then you can drop and later add the towed vehicle as TST allows. It does make the display less intuitive.

Either of these methods work, and you have tpms monitoring for your toad.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
Mine lasted between 6 and 7 years. After two failed I replaced them all.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Good question about owner-replaceable batteries vs factory only replacement.

So, I e-mailed PressurePro with that just that question. Here is their response:

"As the only TPMS provider manufacturing our Sensors right here in the USA, we keep our Sensors closed units not only because the US government requested that TPMS providers do so, but also because it helps ensure the highest durability, reliability and safety for our customers. Units allowing battery replacements are left vulnerable to over tightening, causing cracking of the Sensor shell, under tightening, causing air leaks and weather damage.

PressurePro Sensors not only are closed units, but have three layers of plastic between the outside shell and sensor components, allowing our customers the highest safety advantages should a Sensor be cracked or damaged from abuse or accidents, it also allows our customers the marketโ€™s highest durability and use as our Sensors can be used in the harshest of weather conditions, submerged for specialized uses and more."
Brett Wolfe

mikey52
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced six of my ten after six years as one of the seals had started to leak. I purchased mine for the $35.00 replacement cost. I also learned that Pressure Pro has changed some of the internal seals to avoid damage when removing and replacing the units. In my mind it is worth the money to know that they will not leak. I will replace the ones on my towed soon, even though the batteries are still working.
2013 Discovery 40x
2016 GMC Canyon
2011 BMW R1200RT

jbuening
Explorer
Explorer
I know that PressurePro says that the batteries aren't user replaceable, I was just hoping someone had figured a way to replace them. Mine are about 6 years old.
Jack Buening
Jacksonville, FL

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
You got a good deal--most PP dealers are wanting $50 each for sensors and the $35 deal was factory only. I started loosing my 7 year old sensors 2 years ago. Got down to 6 of 10, so we purchased a new 10 sensor system (TST ... Truck System Technologies) with replaceable batteries and booster, then saved the PP for our B+, since we don't tow with it. This was for a about $100 more than ten PP replacement sensors. What I do not like about the "new" system is that you can't "shift" from front to rear unit, as on the PP, so the toad can have a TPMS when disconnected from the motorhome. "Unhooking the trailer" to eliminate it's sensors from the monitor, is given in the instructions, not the other way around.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Mike and Pat wrote:
The pressure pro tpms sending units batteries are not comsumer replaceable. they must be sent back and they will sell you new ones for a reduced price $35 i think.

Reduced price????

Thats the same put price as new ones got mine. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction just toss them over the hill and get something with replaceable batteries nd JMO
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Send them back for battery replacement-- not owner serviceable.

Just curious-- how long have the sensors been on the coach?

Ours are two years old and all 10 are fine.
Brett Wolfe

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Nope...tried to with a friend this past summer. The case is glued together tending to not be user friendly, then after destroying the case we found the batteries to be soldered in.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
Our Travel Blog

Mike_and_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
The pressure pro tpms sending units batteries are not comsumer replaceable. they must be sent back and they will sell you new ones for a reduced price $35 i think.
Mike and Pat
"Full Timing. But still working. At least for awhile.:W
Mike (Driver) and Pat (Navigator)
2004 Itasca Meridian 39K 330 cat
2009 Saturn Outlook toad
SMI Stay in Play Duo
Socrates,Kiira and Tiberius (Tonkinese Cats)
Maximus (Mini schnauzer)

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
jbuening wrote:
Has anyone successfully changed the battery of a PressurePro tire sensor? If so, can you provide details?
Thanks,

If they are like my Tiretraker, just unscrew the cap, slide old battery out and new one in. takes all of thirty seconds though they shouldn't need changed often. Mine have been over two years and still going strong.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work