cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Product That Works Great

11B
Explorer
Explorer
Posted a couple of weeks ago about fog up headlight's. I bought a kit made by 3M at Auto Zone for around a 20 spot. They look brand new once I finished. Saw on You Tube about using toothpaste or peanut butter.

Best bet is to make yourself a peanut butter sandwich eat it and brush your teeth with the tooth past. Neither will de-fog your light lens.
8 REPLIES 8

weasel4
Explorer
Explorer
Saw a video, where the fellow used 40% Repel mosquito repellant. Looked like it worked, for how long I don't know
BTC

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
None of those will last. Sand and bug acid, specially Love Bugs, will make them glaze over. It's really terrible on a Class 8 truck that runs 130,000 miles a yr.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
robatthelake wrote:
I was told to give them One Wipe using Acetone! Haven't tried it Myself!

Yep...clean cotton rag (old sock works good)..moderately moist with acetone. If multiple wipes required, keep turning the rag to a clean spot. This is an old used car dealers trick.

This will not clean as crisp as polishing, but it does reasonably well and is very quick.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

thomkatt
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I use and it works on all my headlights, cycles and cars....

Mothers Headlight Kit

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I was told to give them One Wipe using Acetone! Haven't tried it Myself!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Ramair
Explorer
Explorer
I saw on facebook that you can use OFF it was a video of some guy used it and it did clean the headlights and made them look brand new. I was impressed and we all have a can in our rigs...
Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378 XL

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Costco sells a kit for buffing out fogged headlights, that has enough stuff to do several vehicles. One important thing (that I learned the hard way) is that after buffing, you need to coat the newly sparkling headlights with some sort of UV protectant, and re-apply after washing. There is a UV protectant in the kit.

The 3M kit from Autozone is good, just don't forget the extra protectant step. If you don't use a protectant, you will have to re-buff your headlights in a few months.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Toothpaste should work fine. It's a mild abrasive and has been used to take small scratches out of paint for decades. I've successfully used polishing compound on mine, but I have buffers and wheels.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo