cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzsite camping spot preference

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, I plan on going to Quartzsite this year for the big show. Would like to hear on your prefered camping spot, free camping spot, basic service from BLM and all services campgrounds.

Thanks
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.
39 REPLIES 39

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I like La Posa it's across the highway from the big tent and south about 3/4 of a mile. Last time I stayed there it cost $40.00 for a 2 week stay. When it's time to refill fresh water and dump your septic tank early AM is the best time otherwise you will have to wait about an hour. If your price sensitive then you can stay at Dome Rock for free it's up by the garage dump West of the Big Tent. Last time I was there the County was writing parking tickets for parking along the HWY. at the Big Tent. Lastly, if you have any animals keep a close watch on them the coyotes in that whole area are extremely aggressive and protected by law.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
The RV show is always the third week of January (21-29).

Bring your golf clubs and play the Quartzsite course northwest of town.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

kidkasha
Explorer
Explorer
Anyne know when the next event is in Quartzite AZ 2017?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
kidkasha wrote:
Is courtside a place to go all year round or is it only when they have the big get-together and rallies

Quartzsite will be empty in summer. Folks begin arriving in earnest in Oct/Nov and leave in March/April. For those not staying a season, most come during the last two weeks of January. There's absolutely no problem finding a spot to park though. That area is HUGE.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I stay at La Posa on Hwy. 95 (East side of the Hwy.) one mile South of Quartzsite.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Very hot with few people in the summer. In the summer we over night at a CG with full hookups, no reservation as they are empty.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

kidkasha
Explorer
Explorer
Is courtside a place to go all year round or is it only when they have the big get-together and rallies

bettye
Explorer
Explorer
We always stay at Roses RV Park, about 1/2 mile east of 95, south of the interstate. $7.00 night dry camping, although they do have full hookups as well. Probably should book those now. We like Roses cause we can walk to the event site.
Betty & Jim
2004 Allegro Bay 34XB

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kidoo wrote:
Yatch club in Quartzsite? How far are you from water? Should I bring my Zodiac!
Bring it and launch in the wash during the next flood. :B

Otherwise head west 17 miles to the Colorado River.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
It's Silly Al's
Thanks for the correction.

Bob

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
It's Silly Al's
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Is the Blythe Sailboat Club still around?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Yatch club in Quartzsite? How far are you from water? Should I bring my Zodiac!
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
What's with the Q Yacht Club? $20 lifetime membership which includes hat and shirt and $1 off of beers. But ALSO membership to this nationally recognized Yacht Club located right on the water - OK OK next to some wash and a few miles to the Colarado River. But it gives you access to any yacht club and we just love YCs on the water...

Bob