cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sirius" radio problem, 2008 Bounder

65FalconLover
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2008 Bounder with the factory optional Sirius radio. The radio faceplate actually says "Sirius Radio" so we know it is equipped with it and the previous owner says it worked at one time. We can't seem to find that satellite band on the receiver. We have the owners manual as well and have done what the instructions tell you to get it but it skips by any kind of satellite band when going through the options such as AM/FM/AUX1/AUX2 and even a Short Wave band that it has but nothing indicating Sirius or XM even.

Anybody have this problem that has an idea what to do? I'm thinking that it could have an external receiver or whatever that has taken a dump but have no real clue. One option is taking that beast into a stereo shop but I'd rather not.

Thanks,

John
21 REPLIES 21

norwestie
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
Hey guys. You can search all you want. But unless you are a PAYING customer. You can't listen to Sirius. It skps past.

Not true. Both Sirius and XM have promo channels that advertise the programming that is offered. Once the receiver is activated, the other channels will be available.
2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
2012 Ford Edge Limited toad

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey guys. You can search all you want. But unless you are a PAYING customer. You can't listen to Sirius. It skps past. Call them register your radio and pay them around 200 bucks per year to listen to the radio. I had it, I dropped it. FM is free, and The vehicles have CD players. I'm good
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We are also trying to work through that issue. I think that you will need a subscription to your pre-installed receiver for the system to operate.

I have a XM receiver with a "Lifetime" package. I transport the receiver between home, office and MH.

My MH is equipped with a rooftop antenna and XM receiver (that requires an additional subscription). I have located the antenna and under-dash receiver. I hope to connect that antenna to my pre-paid receiver to operate the system.

I would like for the system to work through the installed Jensen radio by perhaps connecting my receiver in lieu of the existing module, but that may be too much to hope for? I'll find out this week-end.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

vtbig
Explorer
Explorer
The model of the radio would be helpful. In some radios of this type the Sirius radio is contained in another box which you purchase separately and attach to the back of the radio.
Richard

2003 Safari Trek 3011
8.1 Workhorse/Allison

Dr_Jay
Explorer
Explorer
Have you determined if the satelite radio antenna is working and properly connected. If it is OK, did you register the receiver with Sirius as part of a subscription. If this is done then I would ask Sirius for help if it still does not work.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
Greater Boston Area

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Linthead wrote:
Justsent you a PM. Please check your personal messages and call me. I just went through same thing on different model Fleetwood RV product.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to know what the fix is here? Why not post it?
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Linthead
Explorer
Explorer
Justsent you a PM. Please check your personal messages and call me. I just went through same thing on different model Fleetwood RV product.
Linthead
2007 American Coach Tradition 42V
2008 Hummer H3