cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready Brute Elite in action

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a cool video of my Ready Brute Elite tow bar in action. I must say, the sound is pretty awesome too. That was kind of a bonus to this video. 🙂 Clicky

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar with road master base plate
Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
TPMS with toad and MH transmitters
31 REPLIES 31

harry_bounder
Explorer
Explorer
93mastercraft; Thanks for your efforts, this is a GREAT video.

lunch_surfer
Explorer
Explorer
I like mine. Been running it for years no issues with towing or braking.
Thanks,
lunch surfer
Mandalay 40e
Traveling USA looking for the best bike trails and campsites.

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
93mastercraft wrote:
Dale.Traveling wrote:
debaets wrote:
,,, If your jeep brake pedal is activating your jeep brake lights you may be back feeding your MH lights and cancelling your turn signal lights.
Diodes will prevent the feed back but the switch would work also.

The other problem to watch for is the toad brakes can cancel the turn signal on the toad. The coach signal combines brakes and turn signals so even with the brakes on the light will still flash. Using additional bulbs will work around both problems or you can use a two wire to three wire convertor such as one of THESE. Ran into the problem with the new toad, Honda CRV.

Also AMAZON now carried NSA Products.

This Wire Harness I already have does all that.

For my lights, I go to Advance auto parts and get two 1 inch sockets for 1157 bulbs. Drill a 1 inch hole in each light housing, with a hole saw, put them in and silicone around them, and run the wires to the front and mount a coupler to the front of the jeep. Don't splice in to any of the jeep wiring, and works good, can put together for about 25.00.

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
mowermech wrote:
holstein13 wrote:
What a clever way to show the effectiveness of this braking solution. I really like this system and would have purchased it for my current rig had I not already owned the Blue Ox tow bar.

There are two systems available.
The Ready Brute is the towbar and braking system combination, as shown.
The Ready Brake is the braking system only, that can be used with ANY towbar (including your blue Ox unit).
Then there is the Ready Stop add-on that gives braking if the toad should ever break away from the towing vehicle.

full information is on the NSA website.
Thanks, I guess I should have also mentioned that I had the braking system as well. I just moved the tow bar and braking system over from my old car to the pickup truck and purchased a new base plate that I would have needed anyway. It was cheaper than getting a new Ready Brake system. My current system is very easy to use as it's permanently installed in the engine compartment on the power brakes. In fact, it's one less cable to hook up than the ready brake, but I like the simplicity and beautiful solution of the Ready Brake better than my separate air braking system that could malfunction.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
ILL be using my ready brake system with the blue oz tow bar. It is said that you need to purchase a little thing that keeps the cable from getting caught in the stowing tabs on the tow bar. I might just get the ready brake tow bar. I can put the blue ox in my pile of sheet that I bought and dont use anymore. I wish I had known about the ready brake from the get go. I think its the simplest, least expensive braking sytem on the market
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
holstein13 wrote:
What a clever way to show the effectiveness of this braking solution. I really like this system and would have purchased it for my current rig had I not already owned the Blue Ox tow bar.

There are two systems available.
The Ready Brute is the towbar and braking system combination, as shown.
The Ready Brake is the braking system only, that can be used with ANY towbar (including your blue Ox unit).
Then there is the Ready Stop add-on that gives braking if the toad should ever break away from the towing vehicle.

full information is on the NSA website.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
Dale.Traveling wrote:
debaets wrote:
,,, If your jeep brake pedal is activating your jeep brake lights you may be back feeding your MH lights and cancelling your turn signal lights.

The other problem to watch for is the toad brakes can cancel the turn signal on the toad. The coach signal combines brakes and turn signals so even with the brakes on the light will still flash. Using additional bulbs will work around both problems or you can use a two wire to three wire convertor such as one of THESE. Ran into the problem with the new toad, Honda CRV.

This Wire Harness I already have does all that.

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
debaets wrote:

2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
93mastercraft wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
93mastercraft wrote:
I've gotten several different suggestions on how the safety cable should be ran. Can some one post a picture or video 😉 of how seafety cable should properly be connected specifically with the ready brute?

The ReadyBrute is connected no differently than connecting any other tow bar or trailer safety cables or chains.

From page 8 of the NHTSA's trailer towing guide:

"Make sure the hitch has provisions for the connection of safety chains, which are required by most states. When connected, safety chains should have some slack to permit sharp turns but should not drag on the road. In addition, they should cross under the trailer tongue to help prevent the tongue from dropping to the road in the event the trailer separates from the tow vehicle." (emphasis added)

Towing A Trailer - NHTSA

I would say that a tow bar is significantly different from a trailer tongue and ball and hitch scenario. A tow bar is comprised completely as a hitch receiver. Your towed vehicle essentially becomes the tongue where there is actually two attachment points as apposed to one. I will start crossing them under the bar. As long as these cables are, I really don't see the advantage. I cross chains all the time my boat and other trailers.

Answered my own question 😉 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knpeRQ2zQ_k at 3:38

Jeez, the safety police are sticklers on this forum. 🙂 Just amazes me over in the TT forum we see violators of the GVWR all day long. 🙂

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
GREAT video. You should put that somewhere on the permanent clicky in the dingy forum for new RV'ers to see so they can understand what we are talking about when they ask questions.

>OP. HOW did you download that video to youtube????

I am on mobile broadband and can't readily watch video's because of the all the buffering.
Your video loaded up 'instantly' and never stopped, zip zero buffering! :B

HOW did you do that. so I can tell my friends how to load videos the same way so I can view them? Tks.

I use Cyberlink Power Director. Youtube should offer up the lowest resolution for slower connections. My vidoes go from 144P all the way up to 1080P. Make sure you have your settings in youtube set to auto. That way when you come in at a lower connection speed it will use the lowest available resolution.

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

93mastercraft
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
93mastercraft wrote:
I've gotten several different suggestions on how the safety cable should be ran. Can some one post a picture or video 😉 of how seafety cable should properly be connected specifically with the ready brute?

The ReadyBrute is connected no differently than connecting any other tow bar or trailer safety cables or chains.

"Make sure the hitch has provisions for the connection of safety chains, which are required by most states. When connected, safety chains should have some slack to permit sharp turns but should not drag on the road. In addition, they should cross under the trailer tongue to help prevent the tongue from dropping to the road in the event the trailer separates from the tow vehicle." (emphasis added)

Towing A Trailer - NHTSA

I would say that a tow bar is significantly different from a trailer tongue and ball and hitch scenario. A tow bar is comprised completely as a hitch receiver. Your towed vehicle essentially becomes the tongue where there is actually two attachment points as apposed to one. I will start crossing them under the bar. As long as these cables are, I really don't see the advantage. I cross chains all the time my boat and other trailers.

2014.5 Thor Palazzo 35.1

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
GREAT video. You should put that somewhere on the permanent clicky in the dingy forum for new RV'ers to see so they can understand what we are talking about when they ask questions.

>OP. HOW did you download that video to youtube????

I am on mobile broadband and can't readily watch video's because of the all the buffering.
Your video loaded up 'instantly' and never stopped, zip zero buffering! :B

HOW did you do that. so I can tell my friends how to load videos the same way so I can view them? Tks.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
93mastercraft wrote:

Towing A Trailer - NHTSA
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate