cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReadyBrake Failure Coupler

DrifterRV
Explorer
Explorer
I had a problem with Coupler on this tow bar system that loosened up and made the vehicle wander and jerk making noise, so I called the company and they said that some of there units had bad parts and that they had revised and fixed the problems but would not replace the parts under there lifetime warranty. So buyer beware, the new style coupler cost over 400.00.
Mike & Sharon
37 REPLIES 37

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I'll have to wait till Q, I did get the same system you have/had/might still have. I like the simplicity.

LEN

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
When you have a small group of posters that think they know everything and cannot wait to tell the world. This is what you get. :B

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love this stuff. How is it possible that these forum were meant to be a location to share resources to help other RVers when so many folks just lurk out there hoping to post inflammatory information?
I know, I know, there is a good deal of extremely helpful information posted here and elsewhere. But, how is the newbie supposed to separate the wheat from the chaff?
Let's blame the manufacturer. No, let's blame the product. No, best of all, let's blame the poster. It's really hard to tell, as the casual observer, what the truth is but there are 1000 others willing to place blame with little or no information to back up that claim.
I hope it turns out well for the OP but whether it does or does not has nothing at all to do with the information posted here.
Got a problem? Work it out with the person you have a problem with! Once you have done everything you can to get what you feel to be a reasonable resolution (or no resolution) please post your results here. In the meantime, posting random thoughts has no real value.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

soren
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
soren wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:

So basically you are saying the OP lied and so did the others when they said that Todd was less than helpful, and, in one poster's opinion, a bit arrogant. Because YOU had a good experience, you believe EVERYONE has had a good experience with this company and it is all the customer's fault if there are any misunderstandings. If you want to stick up for the company that is fine, but other's also have their opinion of the company and their opinion is worth as much as yours. I'm a customer of ReadyBrake also, not an outsider.

Seriously, do you bother to read ANYTHING, or just bang on the keyboard? I never said the OP lied, I said you accused the owner of a company of being a liar, without any first hand knowledge of the facts. Big difference! As for Tod being less than helpful, I assume that you are referring to the tale of the guy who broke the plastic nipple off his cable, and admits the it "could of" been vandalized in the parking lot. Like any other plastic part on the exterior of your vehicle the manufacturer does not warranty it for life. Big surprise there, right? Now he calls the manufacturer and is told to buy a new cable since the kinked and smashed end of the old one, generally will not be able to be reinserted into the tube. He then orders and pays for the parts, gets a wild hair up his butt, and decides to make a new nipple and spend time working the kinked cable into the tube. He then refuses the parts he ordered, and paid for, and bad mouths the suppler. In your mind this is further proof of a arrogant and dishonest company. Sorry, if that doesn't pass the sniff test either. No doubt that at least two of you on this thread have a pretty odd way of viewing the world.

DrifterRV
Explorer
Explorer
Len, I was just trying to get Todd to honor the warranty, so somebody else wouldn't have problem that I had. The option of trying to fix the old parts by adding a larger bolt is stupid, It just moves the problem to another area. I will most likely have a new set up for braking and towing by the time that I well see you in Q.
Mike & Sharon

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds to me like we have two standup guy's and an employee trying to protect the company he/she works for. Also sounds like there is the true on both sides and a misinformed employee. Also sounds like it is resolved. Me thinks some just look for a fight when understanding and clarification is needed. AND THAT IS MY OPINION.

LEN

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
soren wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
DrifterRV wrote:
Update, I talked to Todd at NSA and reminded him that when I had my failure problem that I was told that my only option was to purchase the new style coupler unit, He now says that I could sent my whole unit back they would have repaired it, that was not offered to me. I told him that he should stand up and fix the old units without trying to make money off of a warranty items he said that he would do so, also I told him that wasn't asking for any money back or anything else. All I wanted was for him to respect the stated Warranty. Hopefully he will comply.

Thank you for clarifying the situation. Now that we have both sides, it appears that ReadyBrake was originally trying to dodge the repair under their warranty. Only after it became public on this forum did the company respond and decided to stick by their warranty and do the right thing. I'm glad that it will all finally work out for you. Sometimes a company just needs a little push to honor their obligations.

Nice job, once again, slandering a well regarded company, based on your assumptions, which you somehow derived from two phone conversations that you were not a part of. Oddly enough, when I called Tod, and explained that I had a heavily worn tow bar, and asked what it would cost to rebuild it, he replied, "you get it here, we will rebuild it at no cost to you, and ship it back on our dime".
That certainly sounds like a scammer, right? :R Did you ever think that the fact that the guy took the time to jump on this thread, explain that it's all been an unfortunate misunderstanding, and make the offer to correct the problem, MEANS EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID IT MEANS. Man, you really take the cake.

So basically you are saying the OP lied and so did the others when they said that Todd was less than helpful, and, in one poster's opinion, a bit arrogant. Because YOU had a good experience, you believe EVERYONE has had a good experience with this company and it is all the customer's fault if there are any misunderstandings. If you want to stick up for the company that is fine, but other's also have their opinion of the company and their opinion is worth as much as yours. I'm a customer of ReadyBrake also, not an outsider.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
soren wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
DrifterRV wrote:
Update, I talked to Todd at NSA and reminded him that when I had my failure problem that I was told that my only option was to purchase the new style coupler unit, He now says that I could sent my whole unit back they would have repaired it, that was not offered to me. I told him that he should stand up and fix the old units without trying to make money off of a warranty items he said that he would do so, also I told him that wasn't asking for any money back or anything else. All I wanted was for him to respect the stated Warranty. Hopefully he will comply.

Thank you for clarifying the situation. Now that we have both sides, it appears that ReadyBrake was originally trying to dodge the repair under their warranty. Only after it became public on this forum did the company respond and decided to stick by their warranty and do the right thing. I'm glad that it will all finally work out for you. Sometimes a company just needs a little push to honor their obligations.

Nice job, once again, slandering a well regarded company, based on your assumptions, which you somehow derived from two phone conversations that you were not a part of. Oddly enough, when I called Tod, and explained that I had a heavily worn tow bar, and asked what it would cost to rebuild it, he replied, "you get it here, we will rebuild it at no cost to you, and ship it back on our dime".
That certainly sounds like a scammer, right? :R Did you ever think that the fact that the guy took the time to jump on this thread, explain that it's all been an unfortunate misunderstanding, and make the offer to correct the problem, MEANS EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID IT MEANS. Man, you really take the cake.

X2
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

soren
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
DrifterRV wrote:

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Folks the confusion I see in this thread is because of this
READY BRAKE: is an surge brake system for the towed this is the system that applies the towed brakes when it pushes hard enough on the motor home. There are Ready Brake adapters for other than Ready Brute tow bars

Ready Brute is the device that couples the Towed to the Motor home (Tow bar)

Subject needs to be changed to Ready BRUTE, not Ready Brake.

Beyond that I see the O/P conteacted the company and a fix is in the works if not already taken care of.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bigdog2
Explorer
Explorer
We have the ready brute system. Went to Kansas and had them install the Demco baseplate ( which they recommended ) This was in 2014 on the new Ram. Recently the nylon fitting that goes through the bumper broke, the cable got in a bind and applied the brakes. We were not towing at the time. I have no idea why the fitting broke, possibly someone pulled the cable while parked?? Anyway I called & talked to Todd. He said there was no warranty on that part and I would need to replace it and also the cable going to the brake pedal as I would never get the original cable back through the housing. I ordered the parts for $40. ( $18. for the nylon fitting, $12. for the cable & $10. for shipping ). Before the parts arrived I decided to fix it myself. For less than $2. I made a steel fitting, and with some patience and some graphite was able to get the cable back through the housing to the brake pedal. When the parts arrived I refused them and told NSA I was really disappointed in their customer service and would no longer recommend their products. When I talked to Todd I thought he was less than helpful and a bit arrogant.
Just my feelings.
LOW net worth.........HIGH quality of life
Dudley is at the rainbow bridge
Sonney,old ,retired Roadway driver.
Donna, too young to retire, she quit.

2006 GBM Pursuit 3500 DS
2014 ram toad- toad's toad VW powered buggy

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
DrifterRV wrote:

DrifterRV
Explorer
Explorer
Mike & Sharon

RichNewcome
Explorer
Explorer
If you read what NSA said, they would repair the old U-joint coupler under the lifetime warranty. The $400 would be to replace the coupling with the new design which would also require replacing the "head" or the braking section. In that case it would be a new tow bar except for the telescoping arms. There seems to be a misunderstanding on someone's part. On my tow bar, the head was seeping oil. When I asked about, they immediately said to send it back and they would repair it. They let me remove the head from the rest of the bar for easier shipping and repaired it promptly. I found them very easy to work with.