cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replaced ice maker

campingman55
Explorer
Explorer
well i replaced my ice maker and it is supper slow on making ice i have norcold 1200 rlm i put in in yesterday around 4 pm and i got up today and there was only one try of cubes what else could be wrong
2005 vectra 40fd motor home and wife and our 2 pita malties and a mini poodle
12 REPLIES 12

campingman55
Explorer
Explorer
update on ice maker well it is working but slow and i know why iam in south texas and the sun is hitting the side of the ref and even with the awinging out it is still hot out side but it make ice at night when it it is cooler cant wait till the temp drops for good here then i know it will work good thx for all the help and info

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
RV icemakers dump and reload when the ice is below 10 degrees. Since RV freezers operate from 0 to 10 degrees, THAT determines how fast/often the icemaker makes a bin of ice. Since it takes about 12 to 14 hours before an RV refer gets below 10 degrees, THEN the icemaker cycles and puts the FIRST load of WARM water in the mold. That will raise the temp in the freezer a little, so , the freezer has to then chill down the water and the mold and freeze the water to ice below the 10 degrees, then cycle. In the cycle operation the MOLD has a 120 heater that releases the ice to eject from the mold, then the fill and freezing starts again but as in the first cycle must overcome the mold heater heat and then get the water below 10 degrees. RV refers are not that efficient on ice production. basic rule of thumb is every 2.5 to 3.0 hours per cycle. Doug

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
How hard is it to do this? Will the one cited work on a Dometic?
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

drwwicks
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced mine last year with one from Lowe's and it's slow with hot outside ambient temperatures. When cooler it makes ice pretty fast, several trays a day. Haven't timed it though.
2007 Itasca Horizon 40FD
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2015 Harley Davidson FLHTKL

campingman55
Explorer
Explorer
ok i will give it a couple days to see what happens

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Ours always took a day, maybe two, to get rocking.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

campingman55
Explorer
Explorer
i replaced with d7824706q from amazon and i have plenty of water pressure i made one bacth over night and it filled and it is below 10 i just checked it could it be the water vavel that gives it water

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is slow on the first batch, after that it churns the ice out faster than we can use it.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced my icemaker a couple of weeks ago. It took mine a good 24 hours to make the first batch of ice. I had to turn the frig on because I had it off. It's possible you may have some residue in your water line going to the icemaker. Or check the shutoff valve for the icemaker to be sure its all the way opened.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you have plenty of water pressure?
bumpy

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
The ice maker in my 1200 seems to want to be below 10degrees before it makes any ice. Is your freezer cold enough ? Another reason I miss my res fridge in my last MH
Bill

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Witch ice maker did you replace it with. I got one from Lowe's and had no trouble. Works great.