Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing the faded logos with custom?

kahoona
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
I recently got tired of the faded, cracking logos on 02 Coachmen Mirada. I removed them with a heat gun and cleaned up the area they were on. The DW and I were thinking of replacing them with something personalized. We had named the RV Tsunami because it is used for surf trips and it is a bit hard to stop once it gets rolling. We thought that a stock decal of a wave around a foot high combined with stock lettering saying Tsunami would do it easily and inexpensively. We did something similar with our boat some time ago. Long story short I cannot fins something that simple among the bewildering variety of RV decal and logo websites online! Can anyone recommend a site that can sell up these things? If we can find them we'll post a picture. I was thinking front smaller and sides larger and all in a tropical Blue shade.
Rob and Sal
Kahoona

Just think of it as a boat except that it is the top that needs to be waterproof.
10 REPLIES 10

kahoona
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got around to doing something about this. I have doing some major cosmetic repairs and they have been taking all of my time.
I called Joanne at Island Boat Lettering and she was able to show me waves that were not in the online catalog. She sent me a proof and gave me these choices. I chose the one with the wave larger. They are being shipped as we "speak".

She is at
WWW.Islandboatlettering.com
Kahoona

Just think of it as a boat except that it is the top that needs to be waterproof.

kahoona
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses folks. I agree with the suggestion to find a local design shop with a cutting machine. We have a few around here so I'll check them out. If I find what I need I'll post the results.
Kahoona

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have a SIGN company in your area, they probably have a digital machine to cut custom designs in various colors of vinyl that you can apply to the side of your coach. These are easy to apply since they are put on wet and you can slide them around and squeegee out all of the wrinkles and bubbles. You can buy quality vinyl that will last twice as long as anything that you got from the factory and they are not that expensive. Certainly much less than painted logos. Just call a local sign company and ask if they do computer graphics.

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to get a fishing lure company off the ground and I am starting at a very basic level. Sell on the lake and advertise on the boat and car. 60" of custom lettering and logos in two rows, 8" total height, for both sides of the boat and 2 sets for the outboard cowl was about $80.00 including artwork. I supplied the art/lures I wanted recreated. Both rear side windows and the rear hatch on the Santa Fe were done with modified boat and engine cowl lettering and logos for around $55.00. It is not that expensive to have custom vinyl done but you need to shop a little bit. The big players in Knoxville were double what Extreme Vinyl Graphics in Sevierville charged me.
Randy

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I bought a used 2002 32' Itasca Sunrise that had spent some time in the sun, especially noticeable on the passenger side. We took our MH to a local vinyl sign maker, they removed the old decals from the passenger side and the rear cap, made us personalized decals of our favorite NFL team and put them on for us. We have three decals on the MH now that cost us $245.00 and they did a very professional job. Will try to post some pictures later.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Some years back I saw a white Filon sided rig, where the owners are removed all the decals and replaced them with Bar-codes....
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
The wrap and custom decal, custom sigh business tend to be local. Rather than looking for something stock designs, you work with them to design what you want. Of course, that's what you are paying them to do, so it may be more expensive than off the shelf.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
HERE

HERE

AND HERE
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

ugh
Explorer
Explorer
Dakota98 wrote:
Have you looked at any of the many companies that do "wraps"

X2. I see the all the time on the TV on how they do it. They can do exactly what you want.
---------------------------------
2001 F250 5.4 3.73
2015 Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at any of the many companies that do "wraps"
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74