cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadtrek Sprinter at air show

Tanya6520
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning on going to the Vero Beach Air Show. Parking is free. Do you think we will have a problem with the "powers that be" parking there? It says no RV's. We do have a canopy, but of course will not put it out.
7 REPLIES 7

Tanya6520
Explorer
Explorer
Contacted the administration and they said "no". After talking to people, we should have gone to a nearby mall. They said the view was so much better . Live and learn. Thank you for your responses.

antiquedrose
Explorer
Explorer
We attended the Barksdale AF Base Defenders of Freedom Air Show a week ago yesterday and I stayed in the B in the parking section reserved for RV's and other oversized vehicles.

It was windy and sunny and hot. I enjoyed the comforts of home and had prime viewing of the show and could observe jets/planes approach the runway in front of the stands.
Four Thunderbirds (F-16's) screaming by in formation right over the van took my breath away. It was freakin' awesome! Incidentally, our daughter flew a T-38 into Shreveport doing a cross country check ride a few years ago, that was cool too.

I was told by an airman I could stay in the RT but couldn't mill around outside. I almost posted about the experience from the parking lot but didn't so I'm glad to share how an RV can make this experience so very very nice.

I hope this opportunity works out for you and you have a wonderful time.

mepboat
Explorer
Explorer
We haven't been to an air show but tried to stop at a beach on Marco Island, Florida. They would not even let us into the parking lot. Although there were no signs, they said RV's were not allowed there. Saw some trucks, (dually wheels) were there but we were not allowed in. Didn't ruin our day, we just eased on down the road and didn't spend a dime on that island. I guess I should make a note on travel advisor.

Explorer
Explorer
If when you get there, it means you don't see the show because you have in their eyes an "RV", you should call first and ask. What we all think in theory means nothing when your day and trip are ruined.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
We had the same issue at a different air show. So, I called, spoke with the appropriate person, described our "B" as a "conversion van". In the end we agreed that I'd send them photo, they'd provide the photo to the "gate folks", and it all worked like a charm.

It was a military base, so that may have been a help with "the system".

The policy was also "no RVs", but they treated us like a "van".

We didn't roll out the awning, start the genset, or anything else that would draw attention. But, it sure was nice to have - on site - our own "refuge".

Cheers.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it might depend on which model you have. The Agile is under 20ft, the Adventurous is almost 24. The RV in my sig is almost 24 feet also. They'd tell me to turn around and go home.

Eric
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Best to call ahead & be sure. To avoid confusion, maybe best to say it's a 'camper van' and maybe that it's your daily driver.

Jim, "A penny saved is a government oversight."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')