Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV park close to Seattle/Pike market?

stepdad
Explorer
Explorer
Hey good folks,
My wife and I want to be tourists:) in the Pike Market area in Seattle but the hotels are too expensive. Can you recommend any RV parks as close as feasible to Pike Market? We have a '34 motorhome.

~Thanks, John
27 REPLIES 27

dennis1
Explorer
Explorer
Also you could take in the Seattle Mariners Baseball game and see SAFECO Field. Bus 150 would take you right next to Safeco from KOA. Only is you like Baseball and a losing team.
My new DRW and camper on the truck the first time.

dennis1
Explorer
Explorer
I not sure you want to take the Ferry from Bainbridge Island. You are coming from Eastern Washington. You would have to go around Hood Canal about 2 hour extra drive to get to Bainbridge Island ferry terminal. It would be a nice to be west of Seattle on the Olympic Penninsula but not worth the ride, unless you are there already.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the RV parks in Poulsbo. To visit Seattle, just drive down to the Bainbridge ferry, park the car. walk onto the ferry, enjoy the cruise across the bay, and take the bus from the ferry terminal to wherever you want to go in downtown.
DO NOT take the RV on the ferry! It is expensive! Go to Tacoma, take Hwy 16 over the Narrows Bridge, and drive to Poulsbo.
Years ago, DW had a contract at Harborview Hospital. The RV parks at Poulsbo were the most convenient and had the least obnoxious rules.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

jvann1
Explorer
Explorer
You might try Game Farm Park in Auburn, is only a short ways out of Seattle and feels like you are in the country, not the city. You can check the reports on RV park reviews.
Ford F250
V-10 torqshift, tow command
Komfort trlr
"April" the attack cat!

dennis1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a suggestion. Use KOA in Kent. Walk about 3 blocks from the KOA or have them drop you off near to bus stop and take Metro Bus to Seattle. It's about a 45 minutes bus ride about $2 or less per person. Bus will take you real near the Pike Place market.
Dennis

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Lake Pleasant. Nice park and easy access to the freeway but you'll have to drive about 20 minutes to Seattle.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seattle is not a good RV park town ... 20-30 miles out there are some a koa that's not bad south of town .. My suggestion unless driving through on a freeway stay out of Seattle proper. We have tried several and they are shall I say less than "resort" quality to be polite . many have found it a cheap way to live and some look more like a homeless camp.
Bill

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Pleasant RV Park, I stayed there a couple of years ago, nice park. I just took my tow vehicle and drove to the Space Needle, Pike station and then down to Boeing field to the aviaiton museum. If you stay at Lake Pleasant stop by Kenmoore Air Harbor on the north end of Lake Washington.......pretty setting and even if you're not into airplanes, I think you'll find it interesting.
Brian

ArcticDodge
Explorer
Explorer
I agree about NOT driving an RV in downtown and if you wish to avoid driving an RV into the Puget tropolis, There are several CG's east of Seattle in Preston (Blue Sky) or Fall City (Snoqualmie River) with easy access to drive a car into Seattle via I-90. I-5 is generally a disaster most of the day getting into or out of the city. Took the parents to Pike Place one afternoon mid week and the place was PACKED!! The SAM (Seattle Art Museum)is FREE on the 1st Thursday of every month.
2009 Komfort 256TS
2001 Dodge Ram 3500 QC 4x4 Cummins DRW
2005 Dodge Durango Limited AWD HEMI
2006 Dodge Charger R/T HEMI
2001 Sebring Convertible
1995 Miata M-Edition
1 Wife :W 2 Boys UW & Bellevue College
1 Trixie (Bichon Frise)
Only 21 years to retirement!!!!

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Pike Place Market is in the heart of downtown Seattle. Don't even think about driving your 34 footer into that area..absolutely no place to park it.

There aren't a lot of great campgrounds close in. I recommend Lake Pleasant RV Park...LINK

It's centrally located to be Seattle tourists.
Have a good visit.

x2
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking for some RV parks close to Seattle and haven't found anything downtown nor very close.

So I'd be interested if anyone has any recommendations on RV Parks too.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Pike Place Market is in the heart of downtown Seattle. Don't even think about driving your 34 footer into that area..absolutely no place to park it.

There aren't a lot of great campgrounds close in. I recommend Lake Pleasant RV Park...LINK

It's centrally located to be Seattle tourists.
Have a good visit.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at rvparkreview.com. downtown Seattle is not the place for large vehicles. It is very crouded and parking is expensive hotels and small cars are the best option