Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parks around Crator Lake NP

dog_house_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have suggestions?

Add on question. how are the roads getting there.
9 REPLIES 9

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
we've also stayed at diamond lake, very nice.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
We have also stayed at Diamond Lake RV. Pretty setting!
The Dunks - Terry and Steve
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Diamond Lake RV Park is where we have stayed.. Really nice setting...

JohnnyT
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

donhoward49
Explorer
Explorer
We will be seeing Crater Lake next week. We are staying with a group at Casey's Riverside Park, in Westfir, near Oakridge. We have stayed at Caseys before,Very nice, its about 1 1/2 hours from Crater Lake. It might make a good stop on the way back to I 5.

zmotorsports
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at both the Klammath Falls KOA and the Diamond Lake RV park and both were very nice campgrounds. Roads were good, few potholes and ruts but nothing too bad.

Mike.
2003 Monaco Dynasty/ 26' Haulmark Edge trailer
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
In June, with our 40' motorhome we stayed at Joseph H. Stewart State Rec Area on Hwy 62 near Prospect. We drove there from I-5 at Medford. It was very nice and nice biking/hiking trails. It was 1/2 hour drive to Crater Lake. If coming from Hwy 97, Collier Memorial State Park is also very nice. It's near the intersection of Hwy 62 at Chiloquin. Another way to get there is coming from I-5, Hwy 138 at Roseburg is a good drive. It would take you to Diamond Lake where there's a RV park and a forest service campground. I've heard the mosquitoes can be very bad there. Crater Lake Nat'l Park also has a dry campground but I don't know the size recommendation. It's at the entrance of Crater. I wouldn't take your RV to drive the circle loop around the lake - too much congestion and very narrow road. The drive takes about 3-4 hours to complete with viewpoint stops. The lake is gorgeous and well worth a trip!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Diamond Lake RV Park. We have stayed their before. Nice park, and not too close together.
Wildmanbaker

tohare
Explorer
Explorer
we stayed at a state park a few miles from crater lake, just outside of Medford. It was fine. Roads are good getting to park and to park. We have a 37foot class A and a toad. Drove the toad to Crater Lake. We were there beginning of June, and the road inside the park was not open all the way around the lake but we could get to the lake, and have some pretty interesting pictures of huge snow banks. Enjoy, it is a sight to see!