cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Transport Service for Class A Motorhome

SpoiledRottNRan
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone ever used a transport company to move their motorhome across the country?

Ive a 45' Monaco and tow a 20' Featherlite enclosed car hauler (with no car in it).
I want it moved from Southern CA to Central Florida in February. I also have my car (which I will drive).

I can drive it myself, but with the passing of my husband am considering having a professional do it for me.

If anyone has used a service or has any suggestions, Id greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks in advance for you help.

I can fly them to me and home from Florida. I can follow behind in my car. Or I guess I could drive it myself and have the car shipped. ????

Anita
Life may not be the party we expected...
but we may as well dance while we're here.
17 REPLIES 17

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
See told you you could find somebody on here to do it. I'm jealous of Don because I've been wanting to do a cross-country drive for many years now and the thought of doing that with somebody else's money makes it very appealing. I'm just too busy to get away right now. Have fun.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

SpoiledRottNRan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all the wonderful people here who have volunteered to help me get across the country.
Don, from North Carolina, has graciously offered to get the heck out of the snow and help me get to Florida. I pick him up Monday night at the Palm Springs airport, we'll take the bus for fuel, hook up the trailer and then take off Wednesday morning headed for Tucson.
Thanks again you wonderful people!
Anita

SpoiledRottNRan
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer packed already!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you considered stuffing the car with the essential stuff, shipping the rest and putting the car in the trailer?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

SpoiledRottNRan
Explorer
Explorer
thanks everyone for all the great advice..

still packing, trying to work logistics, timing… all is good.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry to hear of your loss. It would be much cheaper to ship the car than the MH but I understand your concerns. Good luck in what ever you do.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going to guess you could fine somebody right on this forum to do this for you. If I wasn't so busy right now I'd do it for you and just tell you to cover my expenses and fuel costs. I love cross-country driving and would do it just for the fun of it. If you have somebody do it as a favor like that, just make sure you check with your insurance company and make sure you have your bases covered. Also if you're moving also ask your insurance man about contents coverage for the stuff in that trailer. If you've sold a house and are buying something there, you may be in between insurance coverage and your motorhome policy likely won't cover the contents of the trailer.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

tompatty6670
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a PM

ymehp
Explorer
Explorer
uship.com
2012 Dutchmen 318RKDS
2006 Ford F-250 6.0 4x4 Crew Cab

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
S R R glad you got your grew water problem solved and based on those posts you can drive the MH yourself. It will be easier to find someone to drive the Jeep to Florida for very little $$... try Craiglist. You should be able to do the 2800 miles in 5-7 days without staying at CGs as you have 100 gallons of water. You could stay at truck stops after fueling but in many you have to back into your spot. By yourself I'd use Walmart or one of my favorite... small airports where's there plenty of room for the MH and trailer.
FMCA has members that will drive MHs in an emergency so maybe you could hire one of them although I think you can do it yourself. Good luck.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I thought you were going to sell the coach? Crappy offers...?..

I'd do it for you but we've already committed for the first half of this year.....before you commit to having someone drive it for you, check with your insurance company to ensure you're covered in case of a mishap. A professional driver should be licensed and bonded as well as holding a commercial driver's license. Also, a 45' coach driver in California must hold a Class B license. While driving cross country can be intimidating, staying on the Interstates should be quick, easy and safe. If you decide to make the journey yourself, PM me and I'll give you some suggestions on campgrounds.....good luck...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
drive the Motorhome ship the car. Cheaper and more fun
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd get somebody to drive it. If you put it on a low boy it, you will only get the coach on the low boy, not both of them, and you are looking at about $4.00 a mile per unit. Pay somebody to drive it and fly them home.
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
SpoiledRottNRanch wrote:
Thanks Mr. Mark,
I am moving to Florida and will have the trailer filled with stuff. Shouldn't weigh more than 7000#'s including trailer weight.
Ive driven across country several times, just not without husband. Its a little intimidating.
Thanks again!
Anita

I understand. I was surprised that we have the same year and brand of motorhome... ours is a 42ft.

Hope everything works out.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins