cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shopping for new Tiffin- couple questions

xray97
Explorer
Explorer
We're shopping for a new Tiffin 34 tga. We looked at a 2014 model the other day. The salesman stated that the coach had "full body paint" which meant the graphics are also painted instead of vinyl. Didn't sound or feel right to me. Is he correct?
The entry steps were were completely "free wheeling" ie: nothing holding them open or closed. One of the service techs said the aperture was missing and used a "zip tie" to hold them closed so we could drive the coach. Are the steps installed at the factory? I can't imagine how the coach was transported to the dealer in this condition if they are.
Finally does anyone have any input regarding b young Rv outside of Portland, Or?
Thanks.
31 REPLIES 31

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Call Bob Tiffin, he'll respond.
Ray

norwestie
Explorer
Explorer
I've purchased from B. Young. I would highly recommend them as a sales and servicing dealer. Having moved from a gas Class A to a diesel, have you given any thought to looking at a ~5 year old diesel pusher, like the Phaeton? You will get a lot more for your money. Better handling, more interior room, quieter driving experience, better towing capability, upgraded cabinets and other fitments, etc. Diesel engines are good for half a million miles, if properly maintained.
2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
2012 Ford Edge Limited toad

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
dezolen wrote:
Go for the Tiffin. We just picked up a new 2013 36LA and love it.
Quality unit. Sounds like the dealer is questionable to say the least

x2

Nothing is perfect. The dealer could be bad and a good dealer for a Tiffin will take care of tweeks.

Not over rated. Great quality. Great coaches.

dezolen
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at Georgetown XL, Fleetwood and Winnebago comparable models and the Tiffin Allegro was our #1 choice hoping not to offend any of the above mentioned owners

xray97
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your replies and advice. I appreciate it. We're ready to move up from our 2008 Winnebago Vista and want to make sure I go into the transaction with as much information as possible.

wnytaxman
Explorer
Explorer
Green D wrote:
You need to visit WWW.Tiffinrvnetwork.com they have a great site full of information.
Enjoy

X2 Check out the Tiffin forum. Tiffin has had a lot of quality issues over the last few years. There is a ton of info on Tiffin on that site and you will hear both the positive and the negative. It's a great source to see if the problems stated there are issues that you can live with or not live with.
2018.5 Entegra Aspire 44R on order, 2011 Berkshire 390BH traded

Green_D
Explorer
Explorer
You need to visit WWW.Tiffinrvnetwork.com they have a great site full of information.
Enjoy
2011 American Tradition 42p
Silverleaf
Pressure Pro
00 Jeep GC
Honda GL1800
2050SS Bayliner

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
The steps would be fixed prior to you taking possession of the coach. The service tech already noted what was missing. You should also do as a complete of an inspection as you can to note other possible items that need to be fixed. Even after taking possession you still have at least a one year warranty if something else should pop up.

There is no manufacturer out there that delivers a perfect new coach that you couldn't find defects within the first year.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
After looking at a few of them IMHO I think they are way over rated
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

xray97
Explorer
Explorer
dezolen wrote:

That jibes with almost everything I have heard about Tiffin. The fact that the dealer put the coach out on their sales lot in that condition, to show customers, makes me wonder about the quality of the dealership. Thanks.

dezolen
Explorer
Explorer

xray97
Explorer
Explorer
robatthelake wrote:
Full Body Paint implies exactly that. The Graphics are indeed Painted on ,not decals!

The step may have been installed improperly ,however I suspect that a Bolt has been sheared or robbed. Not something that happens a lot and can definitely be repaired.

Thanks! That was what I was looking for.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Full Body Paint implies exactly that. The Graphics are indeed Painted on ,not decals!

The step may have been installed improperly ,however I suspect that a Bolt has been sheared or robbed. Not something that happens a lot and can definitely be repaired.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

xray97
Explorer
Explorer
This dealer is in a suburb of Portland. I believe the next closest dealer is a couple hours away but I am watching their inventory, on line, too. Thanks.

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
xray97 wrote:
Everything I have read about Tiffin has been generally very good. That's why I was wondering if it is a problem with the dealer as opposed to Tiffin. I'm wondering if the coach had been "cannibalized" for parts after delivery. Thanks.

You may be right, do you have a different dealer for Tiffin in the area.
What about across the line in Portland?