cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Class A search

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been looking for a newer MH to replace my 1996 GBM and saw an add for a 2009 Damon Sport 3211 model. Over all length is important must be 34 ft or less, several pass thrus, and 60 gals of FW or more all of which it has. It only has 6500 miles on it and 150 hrs on genset, not a lot of use for an 8 year old MH. It is the only model that I have seen or know about that has full basement storage plus a large pass through storage in rear under the bed. Storage is important to me and this feature is what attracted me to this model. Looks like 2 bikes can be stored in it. Does any one own one of these or know about this MH ? I don't know anything about this model other than it was an entry level for Damon. It also has the WH chassis with the 6 speed Allison transmission.
11 REPLIES 11

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
HighwayJunky wrote:
Look at the Newmar Baystar 3401. Great quality leader and perfect for a couple 34ft long gas model. 80-gallon tank. Full wall slide with a king bed.
. I looked up that model very nice looks like 35 ft but other models of Bay Stars were shorter. What made you choose this model? How many pass thru storage bays does it have?

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hikerdogs wrote:
The Winnebago Adventurers come in shorter lengths. Our 2001 32V was 32' 11". Our current 2013 32H is 33'3". Our current one also has a front pass through compartment. I don't know what year this started, but I would guess 2011 or earlier.
I just looked at that model online very nice. I never new they made an Adventurer that short. When I looked at the Winnebago web site I just saw the Sightseer and Vista in the short models. Does it have any pass thrus that bikes can be stored in?

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
The Winnebago Adventurers come in shorter lengths. Our 2001 32V was 32' 11". Our current 2013 32H is 33'3". Our current one also has a front pass through compartment. I don't know what year this started, but I would guess 2011 or earlier.
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gjac wrote:
timmac wrote:
Damon is a average to low quality RV, if you plan on keeping your next purchase long term you might want to step up to a used one with full body paint, that's the route I took and could not be happier, those vinyl strips just look bad after they dry rot.
. I noticed the same thing about the Damon decals. The full body paint is much nicer. How do you like your model Bounder? I am looking to stay about 32 ft. I have no brand preference.

X2 yes, the decals seem to be the problem, but I haven't heard of any major issues with this coach. Mostly cosmetic.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Gjac wrote:
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:
If you are looking for older, Itasca Horizons DPs were available in 32 and 34 foot models. We bought our 2002 32' in 2008 and now has over 100,000 miles on it. Don't know when they stopped making the 32.
. What model is yours I have not seen many DPs that size for sale. Is the Journey the comparable model in Winabago?

2002 Itasca Horizon 32TD. Very similar to the Journey.

32' are quite scarce. I just looked at this site and there was one 34' listed.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:
If you are looking for older, Itasca Horizons DPs were available in 32 and 34 foot models. We bought our 2002 32' in 2008 and now has over 100,000 miles on it. Don't know when they stopped making the 32.
. What model is yours I have not seen many DPs that size for sale. Is the Journey the comparable model in Winabago?

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer

HighwayJunky
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Newmar Baystar 3401. Great quality leader and perfect for a couple 34ft long gas model. 80-gallon tank. Full wall slide with a king bed.
2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2012 Fiat Pop Toad
One wife
No pets
No complaints
No Worries (except keeping wife happy!!)
Fulltime jobhttps://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/images/rolleyes.gif

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I like my Bounder a lot, no major issues as of yet, good quality thru out but not high end, it does not have pass thru lower compartments so a large item like a bike will have to be on a bike rack on back hitch, the newer ones have pass thru, but on my large slide out the compartment comes out with slide out for easy access without hitting my head, my last motorhome had the decals and made the RV look old and wore out when it was not, the full body paint cleans better and looks so modern even though its a 08, mine is the 32W and is 33 foot long and fits nice into tight RV spots.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
timmac wrote:
Damon is a average to low quality RV, if you plan on keeping your next purchase long term you might want to step up to a used one with full body paint, that's the route I took and could not be happier, those vinyl strips just look bad after they dry rot.
. I noticed the same thing about the Damon decals. The full body paint is much nicer. How do you like your model Bounder? I am looking to stay about 32 ft. I have no brand preference.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer