cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shower sunshade?

winnehonda
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone come up with a good idea on how to rig a sun locker under the shower skylight? It gets really hot without one.
Mark Hanlon
13 REPLIES 13

winnehonda
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, everybody. Some good ideas.
Mark Hanlon

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I cut a piece of Refletix, formed it into the dome (cutting wedges out) and taped it in with aluminum tape. Cooled it off by 15 - 20 degrees in there.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

Jones1
Explorer
Explorer
My '99 Dutch Star has a folding shade(just like your day/night shade without the night feature)So I think you should be able to get one from shade manufacturer.

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
I used Solar Screen that snaps on the skylight frame inside our coach, works just fine...
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer
I cut a pc. of 1" Styrofoam and place it inside and it works great. If we want it out for taking a shower we just remove it and replace it when we are done.
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
i think bubble wrap might work from the inside ... if it were the right size. You could use velcro to keep it up there. It's pretty light weight. I'd be worried that the aluminum foil looking stuff would have a heat build up between it and the underside of the sky light.

Anyway, this would let some light come on into the shower. I'd miss the sunlight if it were blocked off completely.
Kathy

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
I cut a piece of reflex- it ( the silver stuff ) fitted a piece of foam the size of the sky light
( it's rectangle), glued itnto the reflex, and put velco on the reflex.
Easy Peasy. Total cost... Zero, since I had all the materials already.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

ridin_with_the_
Explorer
Explorer
I cut a piece of 3" thick foam slightly larger than the skylight. friction fit it in place and closed the "blind". If I want it real dark, I place a towel over the foam before putting it in place. Total cost around $4.00.
2005 Alfa See-Ya M40FD #3507
The Ranga co-piloting
Zoie and Mazi the Shih Tzus
Jordan the Pyradore
Story Bird a Green Cheek Conure

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We call it our solar shower and only use cold water.....:W....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I pulled my inside peice out and cut two layers of a insulated car window sun shade and sandwiched it between the inner and outer sections. I then replaced the inner section. It did cut out all of the light but it did not cut down on the heat load much.

I want to find something that can be placed over the skylight similar to the roof vents preventing the sun from even shining on it. Hopefully someone will have a great idea.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at RV Vent Insulators. They are available on Ebay. You might have to modify for a shower skylight or make your own.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I am interested in the creativity as well. The best I did was a cardboard piece wrapped in reflective foil secured with 6 areas of velcro. Attach when not showering but detach when showering.

winnehonda
Explorer
Explorer
sun blocker, that is sorry.
Mark Hanlon