cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slides doesn't work nor my levelers

ranankay
Explorer
Explorer
Not only does my slide not work ,but my levelers want either, and I've checked the fuses undert the dash are there more somewhere else that could cause the problem?
thanks Randy
12 REPLIES 12

ranankay
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Fischer Yes my steps work fine an I have tried the switches you refer too , on my unit they are located up over the exit door where the slide switch is also.
Yes I lso have aux switch on the dash,I think this is for use when the motor battery goes bad it will step in and start the motor.
radio works and I noticed the other day before I took the RV to have it detailed the pump kept running. thanks

wilanddij
Explorer
Explorer
My Southwind needs all 3 of these:

* Engine running
* Tranny in Park
* Parking brake on

If this was a logic diagram, these 3 inputs would go to an "and" gate. All must be in the right position for jacks and slides to work. I'd check the parking brake switch and the position switch for the tranny.
Will & Di
2004 Southwind 32VS
Workhorse/8.1
Ford C-Max/Blue Ox
"We have met the enemy, and he is us" Pogo

Donna_and_Rob
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a bad ground at the switch?
2003 38ft Travel Supreme
350hp Cummins

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood calls the lockout switchs: main and aux connect/disconnect. the 2 switches control 2 relays in the BCC. When you connect both the main and aux, all power to the coach should be there.
Main connect/ disconnect relay controls: slide out F20 (15amp),Horn/jacks F10(15a) and others.

1. Try your horn and your steps(in/out), if they work the main is connected

the aux connect / disconnect control radio,luggage light , converter and dc dist panel.

2. try your radio, luggage lights,water pump i they work your aux is
connected.
3. do you have a aux start switch on your dash ? When held down the sw. should connect the main and aux battery together using a relay in the BCC .
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

ranankay
Explorer
Explorer
I'll chk the reset buttons tomorrow thanks Fischer.
We have hydraulic levelers,I'll check the fluid. Also how do I check the solonoid, I just noticed also that when I turned on the AC it refused to turn off and I had to flip circuit breaker to stop it is that all part of the same problem. someone said I may have batter cables crossed ???
Thanks Accsys
Thanks lanerd yes I have ignition on, brake etc.
How do I chk lock out switches TexasH?
Trop-a Cal don't know how to check ground wires, but thank you.
Mandalay Parr yes I'm plugged in and have two brand new batteries this month both are connected,but I have noticed my coach battery runs down quickly if not plugged up or on a charger.Thanks folks with all these brains going for me I'm bound to figure this out. We have a 1997 Fleetwood Southwind one slide tandem axles, wide body, 450/454 chevy engine plus all the standard stuff.
Thanks randy

ranankay
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 1997 Fleetwood Southwind, with one slide and tandem axles 450 hp chevy motor. I appreciate all the comeback information. I forgot to add this at the beginning thanks folks Randy

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood has a BCC(battery control center) under the hood drivers side inside you have fuses for slides and levelers. There are resettable ckt breakers in there also , my BCC has a diagram on the back of the cover. the cover comes off with no tools
The reset buttons are small and on the end of the breaker. 1 is for the dc distribution panel. 1 is for the converter . 1 is on top right and I don't know we're it goes to ,
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't say whether the slides or levelers were electric or hydraulic??? It matters! If hydraulic, you could be low on fluid. If electric, it could be a solenoid, depending on what coach you own.

PS go to your profile and change your signature to reflect your coach.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was called over to a good friend's motor home the other day with the same problems. Guess what it was?

Ignition switch wasn't on!

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

TexasH
Explorer
Explorer
Check the lock out swithes. Mine has to have switch on, tranny in park, and park brake on. The tranny and park brake each have a switch that can be out of adjustment or failed
2002 Southwind 37U Ford F53 - V10
2007 Jeep Liberty Toad

trop-a-cal
Explorer
Explorer
Bad ground wire maybe as motors won't work with just positive from fuse box. Look for usually green wires going from slide and levelers, at their motors or pumps. A lot of times the road vibration loosens them.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
What unit do you have?
Are you plugged in?
Bad batteries or connections.
Battery disconnect.
Key in proper position.
Let's start here until more info.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B