cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

State's visited map?

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you buy one of those maps of the United States that you fill in the state once you've visited it. I've seen them on several RV's, but have yet to find a place to buy them. Thanks
Brian
19 REPLIES 19

DonCopenha
Explorer
Explorer
I finally found the solid state stickers!
http://www.signsoflife.net/rv-travel-map.php
2013 Heartland Torque 325SS
2007 Dodge Megacab 3500 CTD DRW
Gauges, No muffler

cKarlGo
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
You don't want to affix it to your RV in case you want to sell it. It just shows how much abuse the rig has gotten over the years. Keep it on a board that can be moved around.

So, if I don't put one of these maps on my camper, a potential buyer is going to think it's "just like brand new!"

Seriously?
---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

cKarlGo
Explorer
Explorer
Kaz wrote:
I wasn't crazy about the visited-states map at Camping World (the graphics were too busy) so we got one of these instead:

Ditto. I hate the ones that Camping World now carries. I prefer the solid color states like this.

What's the point of a store as large as Camping World if they cannot be bothered to provide some variety?
---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
You don't want to affix it to your RV in case you want to sell it. It just shows how much abuse the rig has gotten over the years. Keep it on a board that can be moved around.

We decided against the sticker (at least for now) since we plan on current TT for only a couple years...plus couldn't agree on where to put it. Found this paper version on Amazon to hang on the wall.
Sticker map on Amazon
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We've camped in every state in the lower 48 and have been full-timing for
8 years in a 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit II.

dezolen
Explorer
Explorer
How hard can it be to make a all in one of all North America? Camping 10 years and still........ waiting

Born_To_Travel
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
If I am buying it I would rather see it has been driven than find out it has been rotting away in some RV park.. At least I will know that the seals and gaskets are not all dried out and things have been getting lubricated..

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Now you have to decide if you only count the ones you visited with the current MH or all previous ones. We have been to 48 states and BC to Nova Scotia in Canada but it took 4 MHs to do it all. I just carry a map.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

03_RoadKing
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:

REALLY!I doubt there is any of us that abuse these rigs that we have spent big bucks on. The speedometer is the tell tail of the use not a map of the states you have visited.
Jim and Deb
The Furchildren Abby and Baylee
USAF Retired
2001 Newmar Mountain Aire

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
Had a map like the one on Kaz's post and after a year or so, the edges on the
states began to curl I assume because the adhesive on the back became dried
out from the sun. Purchased a better quality map at Camping World and It
looks much better and has not been effected by the sun.

Kaz
Explorer
Explorer
I wasn't crazy about the visited-states map at Camping World (the graphics were too busy) so we got one of these instead:
Skip
K4EAK
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
The mileage would be the give-away. Besides, we have been in all lower states
of the U.S. and have never abused our MH. We maintain it very well, and
we also full-time. As of this date, we have 48,000+ miles on our 2005
GeorgieBoy Pursuit II.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Camping World