cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Streets & Trips replacement

jimrose
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a replacement for my Streets & Trips GPS laptop system. I like to use the laptop for the large viewing of roads that show.
Jim ๐Ÿ™‚
01 38' Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP Cummins 330 HP ISC
04 Ford Explorer MG Brake System Wireless Lights
8 REPLIES 8

jimrose
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all your replies. I have ordered "Street Atlas USA 2015 PLUS"
Jim ๐Ÿ™‚
01 38' Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP Cummins 330 HP ISC
04 Ford Explorer MG Brake System Wireless Lights

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
I found out today that CoPilot GPS now has a windows laptop version.

There is a trial download, I haven't downloaded it yet.
I've used CoPilot on my android and iOS systems for years, best GPS ever.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Dick,

That is what I do regularly. SA has a capability to put in duration of stops during the driving day. I have been working the devil out of SA since my requirements outgrew S&T some years back. I don't know if there is a good instruction book, but between the built in address book, the POI Factory and the Discovery Owners (the last two linked above) it is one very flexible and practical package.
When we are underway, I transfer the day's plan to the driver's GPS.
I know of no means to migrate the excursion to a calendar, but that has never been an interest to me. I just count days and mark EOD on my Google calendar so DD&SIL know where we expect to be. When I find wire, I update that.
Along with suggesting EOD based on everything, it can also target your fuel stops. With that information, you can go to GasBuddy and look for good prices.
We also usually travel with SA running with a GPS because we often take issue with the route the standalone GPS likes. I that case, the navigator can direct the driver.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
bluwtr49 wrote:
Jim, thanks for starting this thread as I too am looking for a Street and Trips replacement.

Question for the Delmore users.

Since I am only interested in the route planning features and not the navigation (got a dedicated GPS for that). Are you pleased with laying our a 5 month trip with 20 to 30 stops for various duration? Will Delmore migrate the route to a calender....something S&T does not do.

I use Delorme Street Atlas also. I export the detail trip directions, stops, etc. to Excel and then setup my calendar within Excel.

Street Atlas does not do a good job of allowing you to enter Start times - another reason I use Excel. I calculate anticipated stops during the day. The "end of day" stops and "duration of stops" within Street Atlas are good.

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jim, thanks for starting this thread as I too am looking for a Street and Trips replacement.

Question for the Delmore users.

Since I am only interested in the route planning features and not the navigation (got a dedicated GPS for that). Are you pleased with laying our a 5 month trip with 20 to 30 stops for various duration? Will Delmore migrate the route to a calender....something S&T does not do.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Delorme here also, I find the data I can download into the program from the POI Factory and the Discovery owners POI list to be very helpful. I run the program with the GPS transponder on a netbook as we travel.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Delorme Street atlas and I also have their Topographic mapping software. The TOPO lets you see grades and I use it very occasionally but the Delorme Street atlas is m go to for planning
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We've used Delorme's program for over 20 years. It shows very close details and it's easy to map out a route using the way YOU want to go. It doesn't need the internet either which is a big plus.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel