cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of a new class C

nellie56
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 Itasca Navion and are thinking of getting a new or newer Class C.
We are looking at Navion IQ, Coach House and Leisure. However living in VT we don't see much of the Coach House or Leisure but are hoping to at Hershey. Does anyone have any experience with any of the above? Experience/ opinions welcomed. Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
super_camper wrote:
magnusfide wrote:

Phoenix Cruiser slideouts are very sturdy and the connections are well protected. Have seen them.
Phoenix Cruiser does not manufacture their own slide out mechanism, they are no better than the competition. Well protected connections are irrelevant. My comment was about weight and the positioning of the weight, in the case of a fridge all of the weight is in 9 sq ft. In the long term, you're looking for a problem.

I disagree.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
Munkin, the IQ & Profile have been "absorbed" into the rest of the Winnebago Sprinter line. All the Sprinter class C floorplans are available with either overhead bed or not....
Winnebago has really stepped up the interior quality for 2015 too on the Sprinter line

Good to see that they are updating the interior as it was getting decidedly cheap looking in the last few years.

I didn't see any exterior photos of new units without the big over-the-cab area. So, are you sure that they offer the sleeker iQ and Profile body shape? I'll look again, but it certainly wasn't clear that they did... (maybe it's in a footnote somewhere)
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

super_camper
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
super_camper wrote:
nellie56 wrote:
I also like the Phoenix cruiser but the model and size I like has the refrigerator in the slide and I've been told that is not a good idea. What do think? Thanks
I would be concerned with a fridge in a slide out. A stocked fridge is VERY heavy.

Phoenix Cruiser slideouts are very sturdy and the connections are well protected. Have seen them.
Phoenix Cruiser does not manufacture their own slide out mechanism, they are no better than the competition. Well protected connections are irrelevant. My comment was about weight and the positioning of the weight, in the case of a fridge all of the weight is in 9 sq ft. In the long term, you're looking for a problem.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
super_camper wrote:
nellie56 wrote:
I also like the Phoenix cruiser but the model and size I like has the refrigerator in the slide and I've been told that is not a good idea. What do think? Thanks
I would be concerned with a fridge in a slide out. A stocked fridge is VERY heavy.

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

super_camper
Explorer
Explorer
nellie56 wrote:

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Munkin, the IQ & Profile have been "absorbed" into the rest of the Winnebago Sprinter line. All the Sprinter class C floorplans are available with either overhead bed or not....
Winnebago has really stepped up the interior quality for 2015 too on the Sprinter line
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
Navion iQ and View Profile no longer appear in the 2015 Winnebago line-up. Have they stopped making them?
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Phoenix Cruiser would be my choice if I wasn't buying a Winnebago product for a class C.
Have you looked at both the 24V & 24G in Winnebago's product lines? What they've done for 2015 is made the overcab bed an option instead of having them as a separate line of their own as before.
Leisure Travel makes excellent units, both B & C's, but high dollar.
Coach House is a very small Florida manufacturer. Very high dollar
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
nellie56 wrote:

I don't see it as a problem by the way it's built.

Magnus

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Coach House is good, but very expensive. LTV is similar. I'd look at floorplans first, then worry about brands second, assuming the list of brands are decent ones.

nellie56
Explorer
Explorer

nellie56
Explorer
Explorer
I too really reallylike our Navion. The size is perfect. but making up the beds every night and taking them down in the AM is hard on our backs and I'm getting too old to climb up at night. Thanks for your response.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I'm impressed by the above mentioned Phoenix Cruisers. Nexus RV, Born Free, and Lazy Daze are also good as well.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We like the quality of the Phoenix Cruiser. We're saving up for a new one. They have both Ford and Mercedes Sprinter as an option on their rigs.
http://www.phoenixusarv.com/

Magnus