cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on potential purchase please

deerhunt799
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 2006 Coachmen Freedom M200RB. Has the 6.0 chevy with 107k miles. General consensus on this powertrain? Just not sure if that's too many miles or not. Have always had bumper pulls and this would be my first motorhome. Thanks!
20 REPLIES 20

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Do a search on the V-10 motor. IMHO a better bet with a MH with high miles. Just saying do a search here on the forum to get input.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

deerhunt799
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
Do you like it? If so may I suggest having it gone through by a qualified service center of your choosing. There are always issues the seller may not be aware of.

I will definitely have it looked at if I decide it's worth getting. Was more curious about the motor and tranny with the miles.

Thanks for the input everyone...if anyone else has any experience with this powertrain, I'm all ears.

mikebreeze
Explorer
Explorer
I have a former rental that just hit 10 years old and 142,000. Check for fluid leaks. I just discovered that I have a small oil leak as well as a small differential leak. Not catastrophic but something that I need to monitor and get fixed eventually.
2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should have no problem at that mileage,I have a 2006 Former Rental on a Chevy Chassis and if it was maintained well it will go a long ways without any problem.

I just had the 100,000 mile service completed and the only thing it had was a small leak on the transmission tail shaft that was fixed,I would also check the rubber brake lines,one was soft so I had all of mine replaced.

Other than that it has been trouble free,just regular maintenance as you would do on any other vehicle. These newer vehicles are produced to have longer lifetimes,hence the long warranties that are on them from the factory.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
to me thats a lot of miles ,could have been a rental RV?? at 100k things wear out and dollar you to death. just my opinion.theres plenty of low mile rv,s out there. hunt for what you want in all states. just add it up. tires brakes hoses belts ac unit misc , etc.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Do you like it? If so may I suggest having it gone through by a qualified service center of your choosing. There are always issues the seller may not be aware of.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)