cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughts on this DP

labguy1963
Explorer
Explorer
Well this is pretty much way over on what I was even considering, but things could happen if needed....maybe. Here is the link and I am on my way to look at it right now since it is very local. Is this priced accordingly for this DP?

http://erie.craigslist.org/rvs/4134553816.html
28 REPLIES 28

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Wow...... Such negativity in this thread!

Yes, the price seems high, but until you ask a bunch of questions, see the unit and assess the condition, I would not simply forget this coach as many others suggest.

Maintenance records?
Mileage?
Tires?
Does everything work?
Does the coach look like it's been well cared for? Smells, stains, cleanliness?

If everything checks out visually, you may want to have a formal inspection done, to determine if it is mechanically sound.

Then, if everything passes muster, I would suggest a $50k offer with the intention of settling a few thousand higher, depending on whether it will need new tires or not.

labguy1963 wrote:
Well this is pretty much way over on what I was even considering, but things could happen if needed....maybe. Here is the link and I am on my way to look at it right now since it is very local. Is this priced accordingly for this DP?

http://erie.craigslist.org/rvs/4134553816.html
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
Much better quality coach 3 years older at a lot less money.

better coach.

Apparently someone agreed. It's gone. It looks like someone snapped it up fast.
2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

RFCN2
Explorer
Explorer
My closest RV friend has a 2003 Bounder DP like this one, but my friends is a 34'. He paid $135,000 for his brand new. He has put 100,000 miles on his and had few problems. IMHO these are pretty good lower end DP's. But I think this one at 70 grand is about 20 grand overpriced. Absolute tops on this might be 55,000. But that is just my opinion and it is worth what you paid for it. I have lots of friends with Bounders. Both the gas and diesel motorhomes are not fancy but last a long time. A plus for you is they are made reasonably close to your area now. That is a good thing. Being able to drive to the factory once in a while for service gets hard to fix stuff cleaned up.
RFCN2
Country Coach
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
labguy1963 wrote:
Yep, it is a scary amount of money for me. I realize diesel engines last for 500k miles, but if the coach is pretty much scrap after 20, why pay?

Mine turns 19 in January. Not ready for the scrap heap by any stretch of anyone's imagination!
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

mdprince
Explorer
Explorer
Rink wrote:
NADA says $66,000 Average Retail, Low retail is $54,800. Didn't use any add-ons (the add-ons are only to be used if not included in the basic coach). Low retail is where you want to be IMOP. If you like it and it checks out good you can always wiggle up with the above numbers in mind.

Good point !! I was going to (with my limited knowledge) say to offer somewhere between 55 and 60k.
2006 Revolution LE 40E
2004 Jeep Rubicon Toad/Brake Buddy or
20' Toy Trailer/Quads 'n Dirt Bikes

Rink
Explorer
Explorer
NADA says $66,000 Average Retail, Low retail is $54,800. Didn't use any add-ons (the add-ons are only to be used if not included in the basic coach). Low retail is where you want to be IMOP. If you like it and it checks out good you can always wiggle up with the above numbers in mind.
02' Discovery fishing the West Coast:W

midasman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, wolfe10
Midasman
'06Holiday Rambler
Ambassador 40'
ISC 330

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
midasman wrote:
gbopp--PLEASE tell me how to create a link--I used to just copy the web address (cntrl C) and then cntrl V into my email. But it is no longer BLUE when I do that and the "link" doesn't work...

Click on "Advanced Post Form" and use the earth/eye glasses icon for the link.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Make the guy an offer and see what happens.

midasman
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp--PLEASE tell me how to create a link--I used to just copy the web address (cntrl C) and then cntrl V into my email. But it is no longer BLUE when I do that and the "link" doesn't work...
Midasman
'06Holiday Rambler
Ambassador 40'
ISC 330

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
labguy1963 wrote:
Yep, it is a scary amount of money for me. I realize diesel engines last for 500k miles, but if the coach is pretty much scrap after 20, why pay? I like the diesel pros such as power and mpg, but I really know little about them. Now gas engines, I know pretty well.
You may know gas engines, but DPs ride and handle so much better.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, if you do a Google search of what is out there for sale, that is not a bad price for the year and model. And one never pays the asking price anyway.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

labguy1963
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, it is a scary amount of money for me. I realize diesel engines last for 500k miles, but if the coach is pretty much scrap after 20, why pay? I like the diesel pros such as power and mpg, but I really know little about them. Now gas engines, I know pretty well.

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
I think the MH looks like a great buy. Looks clean etc. But I do think the asking price is a bit high, but I'm not as knowledgeable as many who keep up with the value of a MH....I don't really want to know how much value my '01 has lost over the last 10 years ๐Ÿ™‚
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox