cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA Build

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a Tiffin and I'm at the factory watching it get built. I've been taking pictures and I'm posting the entire build at www.in2rv.com.

It's incredible to watch it built. It's amazing the speed at which they assemble it. Today was day six of the build and I am only less than halfway through documenting Day three. But I will catch up soon.

I will be here at Red Bay Alabama for the entire three weeks it takes to build.

I highly recommend anyone that orders a new coach and can, to go watch it get built! And if you are in the area you can also do a tour of the Tiffin plant. It a very impressive tour.
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
2013 Honda CR-V EX, AWD, SMI Braking, Blue Ox base-plate, Blue Ox Aventa tow bar.
Trikke 48V Electric Trikes.
33 REPLIES 33

dezolen
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations. Wish we could have seen our 36LA build. We have been enjoying ours for a year and half. Love it and can't wait to do a long adventure as you are about to embark on.
All the best
ps I saved all your photos to add to our collection. May come in handy one day should I need a resource

TriumphGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for sharing! I'm really into being able to watch stuff getting built, and especially so since I hope to own a Tiffin someday.
2011 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA (Mack); 2015 VW GTI (Lightning - toad); 2008 Acura MDX SH-AWD (Sally).
Any opinions are my own and not my employer's.
Missing the towing days: 2000 Ford F250 (Trusty Horse)
Follow us (BusyDadRVLife) on YouTube

Ringer
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new Allegro. Don't forget to go to Swamp Johns and the Coon Dog Grave Yard while you are in Red Bay.;)
2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
2008 Saturn Vue

luvlabs
Explorer
Explorer
Goldencrazy wrote:
I noticed what appeared to be coil springs in orange boots. What is the suspension?

Standard Ford leaf springs with the optional Sumo Springs added.
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (sold)
2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA (traded)
2012 Honda Fit

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
USAFBILL wrote:
Thanks for the daily "build" pictures..Ask them at Tiffin about the their new adventure in finally going to build a 5th wheel in MS.

It's not going to be a part of Tiffin Motorhomes. It will be a separate company Vanleigh RV. More details HERE
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Abner, do make sure you go over to Belmont and tour the paint shop. They may not let you stay with your coach during the paint process but the self-guided tour will let you see how they do things and you never know you may see some of your coach during the process.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
smacdiesel wrote:
Fifty4F100 wrote:
Talk about a dream job!

What is the engine in your MH? Doesn't appear to be the Ford V10.

Ford V-10

I thought I only saw 4 "tubes" on the exhaust manifold.
Glenn in TN
2008 Ford F150 King Ranch
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32
2017 Mini Cooper (future toad)

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
Fifty4F100 wrote:
Talk about a dream job!

Ford V-10
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Abner055, congrats on the new build. My brother and his wife bought a 2014 Tiffin Allegro RED and love it.

What did you catch during the build process that they corrected?

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed what appeared to be coil springs in orange boots. What is the suspension?

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We've been to a couple of factories in Elkhart area, but really wanted to see how Tiffin does it, someday.

Have tried to find a 36LA to tour, but they usually sell them before we get to the dealership.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to drive one around without the body on! Maybe later in the year of course!!
Glenn in TN
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32

Abner055
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it was hard waiting for the build day to arrive. We ordered the Tuesday before a thanksgiving and the build started February 2nd. At times it seemed like an eternity, specially before we knew the build dates. Once we knew them it went much quicker.

The Allegro Open road is a Ford V10 engine. As far as requirements to watch the build, there are none. You can follow the entire build. About the only place they don't allow customers is in the Welding Shop.

It has been a great experience! If I ever get another one, I would come again and watch it get built. They are very helpful. If there is something you don't like, they will instantly address it with no questions ask!

I rather be here and catch any mistakes than later find them and have the dealer address them. The factory will do a much better job, and you won't have to wait for weeks for them to get around to fixing what ever needs fixing!

Elated to be here!! Tiffin has a great group of people working here!!! Very very very friendly and helpful!!
Wife, MinPin Penny & Me
2015 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
2013 Honda CR-V EX, AWD, SMI Braking, Blue Ox base-plate, Blue Ox Aventa tow bar.
Trikke 48V Electric Trikes.

Fifty4F100
Explorer
Explorer
Talk about a dream job!

Glenn in TN
2012 Allegro Breeze BR32

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Cool will follow your blog.

Were there any stipulations from the company, on being there for the complete build?

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.