cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiffin Phaeton or Fleetwood Revolution

delraypossum
Explorer
Explorer
Hi we are new to this forum and have been full timing for a year now. We are looking to upgrade our MH now that we know we are in this for the long haul!

We have narrowed down to 2 MH's both 2008, 40ft DP and looking for input/experience with either of these.

Phaeton 40 QSH with a Cummins 360 and freightliner chassis

Fleetwood Revolution LE 40R Cummins 400 Spartan XC Series chassis

Appreciate any comments!

Bob and Sue
2004 Monaco Knight
20 REPLIES 20

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
norwestie wrote:
The Phaeton is a wonderful coach. We had an '09 and loved it, but be aware of the issues many of them have. Roof radius rails can crack, wet bay floors can rot, slide floors weaken. Tiffin factory in Red Bay, AL will repair or replace for free, but that means a trip to Alabama.
There is an independent website for Tiffin owners that is a wealth of info: http://tiffinrvnetwork.com

Not all of the repairs noted above require a trip to Red Bay. There are authorized Tiffin repair facilities that can handle the wet bay and roof radius rails (ours were done in CA). If the DS slide floor requires replacement, that can only be done at the factory in Red Bay since they have to completely remove the slide.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

norwestie
Explorer
Explorer
The Phaeton is a wonderful coach. We had an '09 and loved it, but be aware of the issues many of them have. Roof radius rails can crack, wet bay floors can rot, slide floors weaken. Tiffin factory in Red Bay, AL will repair or replace for free, but that means a trip to Alabama.
There is an independent website for Tiffin owners that is a wealth of info: http://tiffinrvnetwork.com
2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
2012 Ford Edge Limited toad

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Not really a fair comparison. One is a mid priced coach with bells and whistles. The other is more like a Bounder or Discovery. Like comparing a Buick to a Chevy. An 08 Rev is a fine coach. An Allegro Bus is more like the Rev.

Moisheh
X2

strudeau
Explorer
Explorer
My buddy has a 2007 Tiffin Phaeton and has had many problems. He really gets upset when having to deal with engine related problems and has the rear radiator staring him in the face. As for the Revolution, the American Coach line is first class and the service is outstanding. We love our AC Tradition and it has been our nicest RV in any class thus far. Very well constructed and high attention to detail.
Scott
2019 American Coach Dream 45 A , Allison 4000, Freightliner Chassis

2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch, Toad, Air Force One Supplemental Braking
Retired LEO

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin always ... all my dealing with Tiffin have been the best
Bob

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Not really a fair comparison. One is a mid priced coach with bells and whistles. The other is more like a Bounder or Discovery. Like comparing a Buick to a Chevy. An 08 Rev is a fine coach. An Allegro Bus is more like the Rev.

Moisheh

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
Both being equal, the Revolution, hands down. 10x better chassis, much better engine and customer support is equal. Now if there is a large disparity in price or condition, then it would take some thinking. People that try and say Tiffin builds a better coach, conveniently forget all the problems they have just like any other coach, leaking roofs was and I hear IS still a major problem with the Tiffin line.

X2.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
We can't comment on the Fleetwood Revolution. I know that there are others who have a lot of comments on units that they have never owned and really know nothing about. I can tell you that our last two motor homes have been Tiffin. We bought our Phaeton because of the fantastic nine years that we had with our Tiffin Allegro Bay. Problems were all minor and Tiffin stands behind their product even when it is out of warranty.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Can't speak to Tiffin's support, but FW's is top notch both on the phone and in person.
2014 American Eagle

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
As. Past FW owner, twice. I would never own another one.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

krivanj
Explorer
Explorer
The LE is the Revolution's spartan liberty chassis. Some say one of the strongest chassis ever. Mine too is on this chassis, not he same as the regular Revolutions. Check the weights, and you will be surprised.
Fleetwood Revolution LE 38X
2011 Scion TC toad

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood Revolution without a doubt
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
kdk wrote:
I would look more at the Tiffin, had a new Fleetwood 5th wheel which was by far the worst RV on the planet, and customer support was extremely poor and will never own another one again. I won't say Tiffin hasn't had any problems but they have a better history of taking care of their customers.JMHO
Blessings; kdk

Has absolutely nothing to do with present day Fleetwood. They do not manufacture 5th wheels.

Spartan Chassis=excellent ride, design and support

Spartan Chassis=side radiator vs rear

American Coach will treat you like you just bought a $500K new unit whenever you call.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

sportech
Explorer
Explorer
Bod an Sue,

The 2008 Revolution LE is a beam front axle. Take a look at the load carrying capacity on the 40R. With a full wall slide, full tile and only a single rear axle it could limit what you can take with you. My 40E (bath and 1/2) model the capacity is about #3500. The 40R has to weigh a lot more and has the same chassis. Otherwise the Revolution is a great coach with a good ride especially if your coming up from a smaller coach.

Dave
2007 Rev 40E