Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Norcold Test

We own a 2005 Bounder DP with the infamous Norcold 1200. Not new to propane fridges as we bought our first unit with a fridge( graduated from an icebox)in 1970. All of our units until 2004 were Dometics and one Servel. Our 2002 Bounder had the 1200 N...

moisheh by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Why?

Not trying to be critical here. But really is this necessary?I have stayed in the site in the photo and can personally say that this site is almost perfectly level. I really don't understand the need for blocks or having the front wheels in the air. ...

Tell me about Coast to Coast

Is the Coast to Coast camping membership good, bad, indifferent? Anyone that is a member can you tell me about it? What are the costs I heard you can set up one site were you can stay 24/7/365. If you go full time (can you go full time) what doe's th...

Oil filler tube for Rexhall 460 engine

Just bought a 97 Rexhall Vision. Ford 460 engine. Filler tube stands up too high to add oil easily. Its about 12 inches tall and extends up higher than the small hood opening. Would have to use a funnel with a foot or two long flex tube and it w...

RV Skylights

I am curious if anyone has used a flat Acrylic sheet in place of a skylight. I have a situation where I got a new to me RV that has some damage around one end of the skylight due to water intrusion and a friends suggested that since many skylights ar...

SteveR58 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Buffalo to Tampa area

Hi, planning to travell to Tampa from Buffalo over the next few weeks. Aproximate Routing shows I90, I 79, US 19, I95, I 75 etc. I plan about 5 hours of driving per day, first time going south. Any ideas, suggestions or pitfalls with the route. A...

Johnpi21 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Water leak

When I hook up fresh water hose ,I get a leak coming from water tank compartment. If I use water tank and turn on pump no leak and water pressure remains good.Pump only cycles when I turn on water in sink or shower. Could fresh water tank be over flo...

bsport by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

TPMS Observation

I noticed on my TPMS that my rear 'inside' duals seem to run 2-4 lbs PSI higher after they warm up after several miles.I'm not sure why this is?So a couple days ago I decided to set the cold pressure a couple lbs lower on the 'inside' rear duals.Now ...

Front end problems on ride home.

Ah you all gotta love us newbies. Full of ignorant questions. and I've got another! Maybe a few more. Just purchased our 2000 Newmar dutch star on a p30 chassis with a gmc 7.4. The owner indicated the front airbags might be in need of replacing but ...

darin338 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Help no heat

Our heat won't come on. The AC cooling side on thermostat works but the heat side won't come on. At first the #1 unit was all that would work on cooling and now the # 2 unit will work on cooling also, but will not work on gas heat or heat pump and it...

dcbrewer by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

looking for a project camper?

came across this ad today while searching CL, not even sure how much you'd be into it to turn it into a camper but it's got a good start.custom camper project

Fireplace

I have a new 2014 itasca that has a simulated fireplace that quit working 50 milesfrom camping world. Has anyone had problems with one of these things? Camping world is playing dumb which I find not uncommon. If you have one and had problems what was...

blknomad by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

California interstate speed limits

What is the legal speed limit for a motor home with 2 axels not towing on I-5?State normal speed limit is 55 except where posted other wise. Car speed limit not towing is 70 on I-5, can a M/H run 70MPH too.

Tom_Barb by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

F53 Blowout

Yesterday coming home from a weekend of camping and my left rear inner tire blew out. I did not think it was to bad until I looked back about 1/4 mile and saw a fire starting on the side of the road. I hurried up and unhooked the toad and drove back ...

ptl_10 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes