Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Help no heat

Our heat won't come on. The AC cooling side on thermostat works but the heat side won't come on. At first the #1 unit was all that would work on cooling and now the # 2 unit will work on cooling also, but will not work on gas heat or heat pump and it...

dcbrewer by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

looking for a project camper?

came across this ad today while searching CL, not even sure how much you'd be into it to turn it into a camper but it's got a good start.custom camper project

Fireplace

I have a new 2014 itasca that has a simulated fireplace that quit working 50 milesfrom camping world. Has anyone had problems with one of these things? Camping world is playing dumb which I find not uncommon. If you have one and had problems what was...

blknomad by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

California interstate speed limits

What is the legal speed limit for a motor home with 2 axels not towing on I-5?State normal speed limit is 55 except where posted other wise. Car speed limit not towing is 70 on I-5, can a M/H run 70MPH too.

Tom_Barb by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes

F53 Blowout

Yesterday coming home from a weekend of camping and my left rear inner tire blew out. I did not think it was to bad until I looked back about 1/4 mile and saw a fire starting on the side of the road. I hurried up and unhooked the toad and drove back ...

ptl_10 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

2004 Fleetwood Discovery vs New models

I'm considering buying my first rv, a 2004 Fleetwood Discovery with 60k miles, from a neighbor. I know that he is the 2nd owner and while he has owned it, he has taken very good care of it. My question is, are there significant changes between 2004 m...

Detroit 6v92 and Allison 764 combo

First off thanks for any advice. I am interested in an older motorhome with this combo. The engine has over 125k on the clock, the transmission supposedly rebuilt. Any info from forum memb who have had or have this powertrain? I worked on detroits ve...

cbigham by Explorer III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Georgie Boy Slide Out Sheer Pin Breaking

Are any of you aware of anyone coming up with a permanent fix for this shear pin breaking problem on the slide out for Georgie Boy motorhomes? Mine would not go in all the way at the bottom and the manual pipe handle is worthless for getting it in or...

TRaymond by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan Gen Set 7500 Diesel

I was on my way back from a trip this weekend and i discovered that my Onan Gen Set 7500 will not start. I have a full charge on the battery and all breakers are good (solid on / solid off). Is there something I am missing. It is definitely something...

Ccoddou by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

New class A Bounder

Hello, I am not new to RVing just new to motorhomes. I just traded my 37' all american sport toy hauler fifth wheel for a 2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 36R. Just wanted to reach out and see what comments i can get from other owners, Pro's, Con's, an...

i got new tires

The other day i got new totes for my motor home, oh my good it's rides so much better. I knew my tires were old but i didn't realize the rear tires were from 1998 the same age as the rv. I guess i was very lucky I didn't have a blow out.

Norbecke by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Had a really bad phone call - Updated 22 Oct 2013

and several more after that. About 9:00 am, I get a call at work from the RV repair facility that I use. It was the owner, asking if we had come and gotten our motorhome over the weekend. My heart sank a bit, as we had not. He told me it was gone ...

Fuse location help please

I have a 2004 phaeton by tiffin. Does anyone know where the fuse for the fog lights are? I have checked and there is no power getting to the lights. I assume it a fuse. If I can find it I will find out. If I get no answer tonight I will call Tiffin ...

n4hwl by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes