cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fireplace

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new 2014 itasca that has a simulated fireplace that quit working 50 milesfrom camping world. Has anyone had problems with one of these things? Camping world is playing dumb which I find not uncommon. If you have one and had problems what was your fix?

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Winnebago forum over on IRV2.com
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
I think Rinorider hit the nail. Every thing works as its suppose to, the sim. fire glows up and down the remote works and there is nothing wrong with the outlet. Its just the heat side of the unit. Just wanted to know if I was the only one who has had a problem.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will ask a stupid question: ARE YOU SURE IT IS THE FIREPLACE

have you plugged something else into the outlet and tested to see that it is still "LIVE" (If it is a duplex outlet.. Plug in at the same time)

Why do I ask this?

On my motor home when I plug in a 1500 watt heater.. Some of the outlets give me "hot wire" aroma.. Not something I care to smell cause it is often followed by one of two things.

1 Circuit failure
2 Visit from Fire Dept.

To solve this I have added a few outlets to this MH.. these are all 15/20 amp outlets (Save one that's 20 only) and all wired with 12GA wire instead of 14, No more hot wire smell, No more problems.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rhinorider
Explorer
Explorer
Thermal overload failed on mine.It was from coachmen (made in china).They replaced the whole unit because a two dollar part failed. We do live in a disposable economy.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Dawn is beginning to break!

Sounds like the heater was factory installed, not purchased at Camping World...is that right?
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

blknomad
Explorer
Explorer
Called factory that made fireplace for winneybago and went through their test over phone every thing comes on fine then hrater part cuts off and accent light starts blink and heater side cuts off.Factory sent a new heater motor that was here when I got home from Main. Havent replaced yet may take it to dealer and let them do it. Just wanted to know if I was the only who has had problems??

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the electric fireplaces have a memory remote control that only works after fireplace turned on with switch. Disconnect power to RV and remote won't work till fireplace turned on manually with main switch. Also long as 110 on to fireplace the remote will work just fine.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
Daveinet wrote:
blknomad wrote:
Camping world is playing dumb which I find not uncommon.
are you sure they are just "playing"?

They are professionals after all.

the one mechanic that sawed a hole in my roof wasn't too professional.
bumpy

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Daveinet wrote:
blknomad wrote:

They are professionals after all.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
blknomad wrote:
IRV2

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
It could be an overtemp switch cutting it off. This has been discussed on the Open Range forum and is fairly common. I'm sure other manufacturers build them in the same way. The fireplace (electric heater) is set back in a cabinet and very little air gets to the back side. It heats for a while and then stops. After it cools down it will come back on. The easy fix is to add a couple of air vents on either side of the heater. Most just drill a couple of holes in the wood and cover with a floor register to make it look nice. I have not had a need for our fireplace heater yet but I plan to add the vents before I start using it. If yours will come back on after a cooling period you might want to look into this fix.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
More information needed: by "quit working" do you mean it no longer provides heat, no longer lights up, or both? If nothing works, check the power cord to make sure it didn't become unplugged. If it's still plugged in, check for 120VAC at the outlet. If there's no power there, check the circuit breaker feeding that circuit. It's a simple matter of checking each step of the way from the AC source (shore power, generator, inverter) to the device.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Is yours on a remote control? If so, have you checked the batteries? Have you accessed the manual controls on the Fireplace? Doug

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Seeing as how it is really just an electric heater. Check the 110V AC circuit breaker. Turn the CB OFF then back ON.
Still no workie....then you need to check for 110V AC power at the ON/OFF switch.
If you have power to/thru switch then you need to check if heating element is burnt out or if ground circuit is bad.

You do have 110V AC power......either plugged into power pedestaal, generator or inverter (if inverter supplies that circuit)?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31