cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin Phaeton or Fleetwood Revolution

delraypossum
Explorer
Explorer
Hi we are new to this forum and have been full timing for a year now. We are looking to upgrade our MH now that we know we are in this for the long haul!

We have narrowed down to 2 MH's both 2008, 40ft DP and looking for input/experience with either of these.

Phaeton 40 QSH with a Cummins 360 and freightliner chassis

Fleetwood Revolution LE 40R Cummins 400 Spartan XC Series chassis

Appreciate any comments!

Bob and Sue
2004 Monaco Knight
20 REPLIES 20

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it were a even coin flip and you had a choice between side mount radiator or rear radiator I would pick the coach with the side option to save time and trouble down the line.
I am not saving that it IS a coin flip as I don't know enough about either, just saying that might be a choice if everything else fits your needs.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Both being equal, the Revolution, hands down. 10x better chassis, much better engine and customer support is equal. Now if there is a large disparity in price or condition, then it would take some thinking. People that try and say Tiffin builds a better coach, conveniently forget all the problems they have just like any other coach, leaking roofs was and I hear IS still a major problem with the Tiffin line.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
I would look more at the Tiffin, had a new Fleetwood 5th wheel which was by far the worst RV on the planet, and customer support was extremely poor and will never own another one again. I won't say Tiffin hasn't had any problems but they have a better history of taking care of their customers.JMHO
Blessings; kdk
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
The Revolution is a more high end coach than the Phaeton. The Revolution should have IFS (independent front suspension) and a side radiator. IFS will give you a better ride and side radiator will save bucks/effort when you need to replace things like belts, hoses and other stuff attached to the engine.

According to folks with other American coach products (the Revolution was made on the same line as American Eagles, Traditions, etc.), American Coach provides good support, as does Tiffin.

If you like the floor plans and both coaches have been properly cared for, either would likely be a good choice. For me, the side radiator would be an important factor assuming all other things are good.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Take a good look at both and DRIVE them..Spartan makes a killer chassis and they stand behind it..Fleetwood did move the Revolution to its American line which gives above average support...Also 400 HP ISL engine is proven 360 engine has to be driven..Nothing wrong with Tiffin if it is in better shape but do not be afraid of the Fleetwood..Tiffin stands behind its product...but you need to DRIVE them as the chassis and engines are different.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
My choice would be the Tiffin. They offer good customer service as well as building a good rig. Fleetwood would probably be a fairly good choice too. Not noted for their good customer service in the past. There has been the turmoil of a recent bankruptcy and it's a new co. They have recently acquired Monaco from Navistar so it remains to be seen how or if they will even support past products.
Right now I would have to say Tiffin is the most stable builder of the 2.
jwmII