cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Monitor system

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
I am ordering the TireTraker 10 wheel Monitor system. My Vacationer is 38' 6" long. Will I need the signal boost also to pick up toad tires sensors?
13 REPLIES 13

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I will get the booster, may not need it but I would feel better having it.
Thanks everyone for their responses

rockylarson
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see in my signature I run on the short side. I run 10 sensors at a time, 6 on the MH monitor, and 4 on a separate monitor for the toad. Without the booster I felt like pick up was occasionally slow, and updates spotty. With the booster I feel it is working 100%. I adapted the hardwire booster with a power plug and will place it on the dash of the toad or velcroed to the bedroom ceiling ,over the rear wheels of the MH. Have to say company service and responses to inquiries have been top shelf. (Tiretraker)
Jan and Rocky
Volunteers for USFWS. 29 refuges with 9300 hrs ea since 2006. 2004 Allegro 30DA, Workhorse 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty Jet, Blue Ox Aladdin, Brake Buddy Advantage Select, 300 watts solar, 5 Optima group 31 AGM's, 2000watt Ames PSW inverter.

Born_To_Travel
Explorer
Explorer
X2 Stripit.. I have the TST system and I think it is the best money I ever spent on my RV,, Some people think taking the tire pressure at the campground before you leave is the proper way... But who cares what the pressure is then, what matters is what it is going down the road.. Also most agree that class As are already maxxed out on GVW so why not keep an eye on those tires?.. I learned a lot about my tires with the tpms.. How much pressure and temp increases due to road temp and hours run etc. People who diss today's tpms system saying they are inaccurate are way behind the times..

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
In most cases you should not need a repeater, if your one of the unlucky ones after hooking your system up and finding it missing the farthest tires, then order one. As for the folks that think they are a waste of money and time, that is your prerogative, those of us that see the benefit and are willing to spend the needed dollars are thankful they are available. When reading the many reports of how this little devise has saved not only a tire, but the possible extra expenses of that tire damaging other components or stranding a person along a highway we find them well worth the money. I know I will not move my rig without the system on and reporting if I have a choice.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
artguys wrote:
Eyes on...hands on, with a professional guage/Dill or Schrader, is the best approach to maintaining proper tires pressures. These systems work when properly installed and maintained, that being a requirement by the owner. But the average user treats these as fail safe units.
Iv'e tested these types of systems and have found they require as much attention as just checking the tires one at a time manually. They are subject to failure as any mechanical device would be. Contact your nearest Meyers Tire Supply and buy a professional tire guage. And while traveling check tires at each stop. On this site and many others blow outs are a too often mentioned theme. Most blow outs are a consequence of neglect rather that product failure or road hazard issues.

I disagree with the above...I agree that you have to get down and use a tire guage...but these systems do give you instant info....I never had them but this last unit came with them..so I used them..then decided to buy four for my Jeep..and a repeater...now on the road at high speed..i will see that every now and again I will lose the signal....but it comes back
awhile back, we had unhooked the Jeep and went shopping.....came back to the Rv..pulled up behind it and started to unload what we bought...wife said to me as she went inside RV..there is an alarm going off...went and checked..it said right front tire on jeep was losing air.....went and checked...sure enough , we picked up a nail in the jeep...had time to go to tire shop and get it fixed before was totally flat......Now, that is where it works...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff

I chose this one because I got it from a friend who is selling it to me at his cost.

Spizzer
Explorer
Explorer
PeoriaKen wrote:
I am ordering the TireTraker 10 wheel Monitor system. My Vacationer is 38' 6" long. Will I need the signal boost also to pick up toad tires sensors?

Can I ask why you chose this system over the other ones available?

Jeff
Jeff
Retired AF, retired contractor, really retired!
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H 350hp Cat
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad with Air Force One

donkim
Explorer
Explorer
We're using the same system on our 39' dp and it works fine w/o the repeater.

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
artguys wrote:
Eyes on...hands on, with a professional guage/Dill or Schrader, is the best approach to maintaining proper tires pressures. These systems work when properly installed and maintained, that being a requirement by the owner. But the average user treats these as fail safe units.
Iv'e tested these types of systems and have found they require as much attention as just checking the tires one at a time manually. They are subject to failure as any mechanical device would be. Contact your nearest Meyers Tire Supply and buy a professional tire guage. And while traveling check tires at each stop. On this site and many others blow outs are a too often mentioned theme. Most blow outs are a consequence of neglect rather that product failure or road hazard issues.

I agree completely!
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Jim_Cindy
Explorer
Explorer
2X + 2X on the powderman426 reply. You cannot predict when the nail or piece of wire will find your tire. We have the TST system and can document 3 instances where the TST saved a tire, probable RV damage and possibly our trip. Twice in Texas and once on I95 near Savannah. I too check my pressures, but will never be without a monitoring system. The peace of mind alone is priceless.
PBH Portable Beach House

2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax Allison :C
2009 Cameo 34CK3
MorRyde IS, Disc Brakes, G614's
PullRite Super Glide Hitch
Propane fueled Yamaha EF 2400is

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
artguys wrote:

Wrong answer.

You check the tire pressure all you want and it won't be close to the protection a TPMS will give you. The reason being when you pull out onto the road you can cut a tire and maybe not notice it till damage is done. Get the monitor and know instantly when a tire is going down.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

artguys
Explorer
Explorer

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Possibly, but whether or not YOU will need an extender depends on your rig. If it's a matter of $$, then see what it's like without it. If it's not, get it. Your length is right on the edge of needing one. If you don't need it, you might be able to return it.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.