cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tires

gsvalley
Explorer
Explorer
We need to purchase new tires all around for our 2004 Fleetwood Revolution Class A diesel pusher. The prices for Goodyear and Michelin are out of sight. We can get a Hercules or a Yokahama tire much cheaper. Both have the the 16 ply and warranty for full replacement. Are these good tires? Thanks!
24 REPLIES 24

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We used Toyo's - happy with them so far. It's been 3 1/2 years.

jwmII
Explorer
Explorer
I too am shopping for tires. The FMCA deal thru Michelin barely amounted to a 10% savings on 6 tires my size. Have checked out Firestone, Goodyear, Toyo, Hercules, yokohama, Hankook.

The best prices were for the Hercules. I am not convinced that they are the best tire for my use. The next best was the Hankook.
It is more expensive than the Hercules but not prohibitively so.
Based on my research I am favoring Hankook. Michelin would be nice but to pricey for a tire that will age out before it wears out.
With the way I use the tires and care for them the hankook will do the job I need done.
jwmII

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
tropical_ron wrote:
You might want to look into the Michelin tire program through FMCA. Buy 6 and the price break is like paying for 5 after all is said and done. You pay the installing dealer for the installation and you pay Michelin direct for the tires. This is all done at any authorized Michelin dealer. We recently replaced our tires and are were pleased with the whole experience dealing with FMCA and Michelin.
X-2, this is what I did! FYI, Michelin and Goodyear make the only soft rubber RV Tire, all other tires are truck tires. I've pulled semi trailers from the Port of Tacoma and these trailers had Hercules tires on them and they were the hardest rubber tires I've ever been associated with! I would hit these tires with a tire hammer and it was like hitting a rock.

tropical_ron
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to look into the Michelin tire program through FMCA. Buy 6 and the price break is like paying for 5 after all is said and done. You pay the installing dealer for the installation and you pay Michelin direct for the tires. This is all done at any authorized Michelin dealer. We recently replaced our tires and are were pleased with the whole experience dealing with FMCA and Michelin.
2007 National Tropical T370 LX CAT-350
2010 Honda CRV awd
Blue Ox Baseplate
SMI aux. brake

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
Also look at Toyo, Firestone & Continental.

Bill

Definately..!!
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also look at Toyo, Firestone & Contenintal.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Also look at Hankook tires. Well respected with the MH crowd.

Same for Toyos. Remember, these tires will "age" out before they wear out the tread.
2014 American Eagle

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also look at Hankook tires. Well respected with the MH crowd.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just put 6 Yokohama tires on the Sahara. $200 per tire cheaper than the Michelin. Michelin's were 12 ply, Yoko's 16.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
gsvalley wrote:
Are these good tires?
Define 'good'.

Hercules tire posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman