cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toss-ins for a NEW Class A buy

Va_Budman
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy folks. As a long time member here on the forum, having experienced the 'tagger' tag along life, then the 5'er voyage, me and the Bride are looking to dive into a NEW Class 'A' to carry us into retirement and beyond. We will NOT be full-timers. So before we negotiate a deal, was curious what folks would consider "toss-ins" on a new Class A rig negotiation. Thus far, our list only consists of Max-Air covers for all roof vents, quality storage cover and generator exhaust extender. Anything else to consider when the sales person comes back with "their final number"? Any insight much appreciated!!!!
The Virginia Budman
2002 Ford F350 7.3L PSD CC SB 4x4 SRW Lariat
2012 Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
Pullrite Superglide 16K
Tekonsha Prodigy
Mistress - '05 Harley Davidson Heritage Custom LE
33 REPLIES 33

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
On our last two travel trailer purchases, we also got all the shelving my wife wanted installed to her satisfaction for free. I think most of the class A's have that covered from the factory but maybe not all depending on what the OP is buying.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what the OP is buying but make sure you get upgraded exhaust ceiling fans. Still can't believe that the manufacturers are putting the cheap mini crappy ones in some of their Class A's! Same thing with curtains. Ugh!
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
You are going to pay for everything the dealer "throws" in. There is nothing free, ever, especially with an RV purchase. How about asking them to "throw in" the first two years of depreciation on top of 30% off MSRP. That would be about a 60% discount. Sure beats a high speed smoke shifter and left hand emergency hammer. Oh yes, don't forget a lifetime supply of one ply toilet paper which is a sorry substitute for using one's thumb.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
lanerd wrote:
Bill wrote:
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill, sorry if I came across confrontational.... definitely not my intention.

Ron

That's just a part of my signature below every post I make. It was not directed at you or anyone else.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
My first choice would be a lower purchase price. My second choice would be an extended warranty.
Stuart & Leslie Offer

2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45-Caspian IV, Cummins ISX 600. 2014 Jeep Cherokee limited,Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full timing since June 1, 2014

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill wrote:

Bill, sorry if I came across confrontational.... definitely not my intention.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Va_Budman wrote:
Hey Folks ... thank you ALL ever so much for the feedback to my post Been some time since I've posted out here as MY RV experiences endured (trailering) thus far have been passed on to so very many over the years. But this Class A thing .... so in the dark.
Your comments concerning "add ins" have been added to THE LIST. And for certain, the 'money' angle is always the prime point from which me and my Bride shall establish that baseline from which all other points offered in this thread shall emerge. Toss in the Toad angle when we fully retire and see the country ... got time.
I'd read where smaller Class A's may be more susceptible to wind bow from tractor trailer passing's. Just how true?

We've never had any problems with any of ours, when it comes to truck passing's, but having said that, if you get one with a long overhang behind the rear wheels, then you can expect the tail to be wagging the dog.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer
Well, when we bought our *used* Class A from PPL, they threw in a huge accessories catalog.*

I'm sure that you could do much better.

*Actually, they also gave us a $10 off voucher for use in their accessories store, and a nifty one year/30 night free camping membership with Thousand Trails Resorts.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Va_Budman wrote:
Awright ... and HERE is another question ..... Just how many of the respondents to this thread actually hand the reigns over to the Bride to DRIVE. This point is key in our potential buy of a Class A. MY Bride will not pull the current 5th wheel. No doubt she'll drive a Class A.
Bring it.

Sounds like you need to start a new topic to avoid this topic from wandering WAY off topic (my wife drives but has nothing to do with this topic).

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mile High wrote:
lanerd wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
lanerd wrote:

Our mh had an "in-motion" dome antenna (which actually costs more than the Trav'ler) and made a deal with them to trade with removal and installation thrown in.
Ron

Actually, the Trav'ler is generally $300 to $500 higher than an in-motion antenna and the installation can cost a bit more.

Not when I purchased mine. Trav'ler was around 1200 and the in-motion was over 1400.

It depends on Dish or Direct - CW has the Dish Trav'ler at 1200, but Direct Travler at 1500.

Exactly. $300 to $500 dollars. I guess I should have posted a disclaimer!

Va_Budman
Explorer
Explorer
Awright ... and HERE is another question ..... Just how many of the respondents to this thread actually hand the reigns over to the Bride to DRIVE. This point is key in our potential buy of a Class A. MY Bride will not pull the current 5th wheel. No doubt she'll drive a Class A.
Bring it.
The Virginia Budman
Pullrite Superglide 16K
Tekonsha Prodigy

Va_Budman
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Folks ... thank you ALL ever so much for the feedback to my post Been some time since I've posted out here as MY RV experiences endured (trailering) thus far have been passed on to so very many over the years. But this Class A thing .... so in the dark.
Your comments concerning "add ins" have been added to THE LIST. And for certain, the 'money' angle is always the prime point from which me and my Bride shall establish that baseline from which all other points offered in this thread shall emerge. Toss in the Toad angle when we fully retire and see the country ... got time.
I'd read where smaller Class A's may be more susceptible to wind bow from tractor trailer passings. Just how true?
The Virginia Budman
Pullrite Superglide 16K
Tekonsha Prodigy

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
lanerd wrote:

Our mh had an "in-motion" dome antenna (which actually costs more than the Trav'ler) and made a deal with them to trade with removal and installation thrown in.
Ron

Actually, the Trav'ler is generally $300 to $500 higher than an in-motion antenna and the installation can cost a bit more.

Not when I purchased mine. Trav'ler was around 1200 and the in-motion was over 1400.

It depends on Dish or Direct - CW has the Dish Trav'ler at 1200, but Direct Travler at 1500.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just saying it's not that way today or you didn't get a very good deal on the in-motion unit. I am comparing Winegard units. KVH or King Dome might have cost more as well.