cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS-which works for mh & toad, then toad only?

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at the newer TPMS systems The TST 507 system, the Tire Tracker/Tire Minder/Hawkshead (same manufacturer) and the 508 system from eez rv products all seem to do the same basic pressure/temp reporting. Most owners report that these units work well.

I would like to be able to have a monitor that will work for the motorhome and toad while towing, and then be able to move the monitor into the toad when driving the toad without having to do a lot of reprogramming.

Do any of the units mentioned above allow this use of the monitor in the toad without reprogramming?

Thanks

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida
13 REPLIES 13

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
edatlanta wrote:
I have the TST 507 system and to do what the OP originally asked you could program the unit in reverse. Program what would be the toad sensors as the front vehicle and the MH sensors as the trailer. Then when driving only the toad you can turn off the "trailer" which would leave you with the toad sensors actually showing/scanning.

It wouldn't be a problem as long as you knew what the system was telling you.

That does give you a pretty funky looking display though. Does the 507 support an 8 wheel "trailer"?

Dutch,
The 507 truck system will monitor up to 22 on one monitor, or 22 - 34 tire positions on the tst truck monitor and they all are multi zoned. Ordering a 10 sensor system (coach & toad) this week thru the newest TST dealer in NYS.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for your helpful replies. It's good to know that many of the systems will work in the toad only. I don't mind having the motorhome still on the display as long as it does not alarm about the motorhome. The reverse programming of the TST 507 is an interesting idea.

I was curious, but could never find a "Tire Safe" system using google search.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pressure Pro, has a button to select FRONT/REAR or Both.. that is it works with the RV or with the Towed, or with both, your choice.

Do not know about other makes.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Tire safe system does just exactly that. You do have to push a button and select which vehicle to exclude and the little diagram than just displays you choice.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
edatlanta wrote:
I have the TST 507 system and to do what the OP originally asked you could program the unit in reverse. Program what would be the toad sensors as the front vehicle and the MH sensors as the trailer. Then when driving only the toad you can turn off the "trailer" which would leave you with the toad sensors actually showing/scanning.

That does give you a pretty funky looking display though. Does the 507 support an 8 wheel "trailer"?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:

Exactly what some others have done to do as the OP is wanting to do.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
The TST monitors will also work fine in the toad alone with the MH display still showing with no alarms or readings. If you want only the toad to display though, without the MH part, it will not do that without reprogramming, which is what I thought the OP wanted. In the MH, the toad display can be turned off when not towing.
Dutch

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Since all vehicles weighing less than 10,000 pounds sold in the US since 2007 have to have TPMS systems, for many people this isn't a big deal since their toad already has a built-in system. However, since my TST system functions fine in my MH when the toad is not around, there is no reason why I couldn't put the control module in the toad. It would ignore the "missing" RV tires the same way it ignores the ones in the toad when it isn't around.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
My TireTraker works in the towed only. Put monitor in towed and go, it only reads sensors in range. MH shows but no alarms only a NoS for no sensor. Once back in range it picks up the MH sensors. Same thing if you just take the MH.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Pressure Pro will operate that way. You can also easily move the control head from one vehicle to another with a second power source.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Not on you list but pressure pro will operate as you describe.

fcooper wrote:
I've been looking at the newer TPMS systems The TST 507 system, the Tire Tracker/Tire Minder/Hawkshead (same manufacturer) and the 508 system from eez rv products all seem to do the same basic pressure/temp reporting. Most owners report that these units work well.

I would like to be able to have a monitor that will work for the motorhome and toad while towing, and then be able to move the monitor into the toad when driving the toad without having to do a lot of reprogramming.

Do any of the units mentioned above allow this use of the monitor in the toad without reprogramming?

Thanks

Fred
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not aware of any TPMS that allows dropping the RV readings leaving only the toad to display. The TST at least, can do the reverse though, by dropping the toad readings when the toad is not brought along. In my previous toad, I installed a second TST monitor that was only programmed with the toad sensors, and just kept it in the toad. My current toad has the factory installed TPMS, so I have no need for the second display now.
Dutch