cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Channel RV Show

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Bret Michaels from Poison will have a RV series "Rock my RV" starting May 26th on the Travel Channel.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU
43 REPLIES 43

Don_s_Lock
Explorer
Explorer
What Time est time
Don
2016 Ford Focus
2013 Georgetown 335

JanTx
Explorer
Explorer
looking forward to it!
Janet N Texas

JanTx
Explorer
Explorer
I also wish for more rv shows on tv that are fashioned for OUR needs and tastes and not for the rich or famous! probably will never happen
Janet N Texas

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
One of the more decent shows that I saw on RV's was an episode of "House Hunters" that involved a young couple looking for an RV to use to tour the USA. As with their stick home episodes, they looked at three different types of RV's and then decided on which one would suit their needs the best. They were working with a budget which was reasonable for most young couples or older couples that wanted an RV. The prices discussed did seem to be MSRP prices, rather than with the real world discounts. Unfortunately, that was the only episode with RV's.

RV-1_2n-FUN
Explorer
Explorer
NCWriter wrote:
My niece sent me an article about that show coming up. The good thing is that the host, Bret Michaels, has been camping since he was a little kid in the family Winnebago, and spends loads of time now living in one on the road. So he'll know what he's talking about...won't be just another one of those empty head Barbie doll type hosts.

If it's half as entertaining as the mod pics people post here, it will be fun to watch. I love to see all the great ideas even if we only install a shelf now and then.

Not "Barbie" but "Ken". :S

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
My niece sent me an article about that show coming up. The good thing is that the host, Bret Michaels, has been camping since he was a little kid in the family Winnebago, and spends loads of time now living in one on the road. So he'll know what he's talking about...won't be just another one of those empty head Barbie doll type hosts.

If it's half as entertaining as the mod pics people post here, it will be fun to watch. I love to see all the great ideas even if we only install a shelf now and then.

JanTx
Explorer
Explorer
well SHOOT! everything has to be in or FROM California! dang! we can't ALL live in Cali. Although it does seem to have some pretty country and some very nice weather.
Janet N Texas

Tucson_Lawrence
Explorer
Explorer
we sent in a casting application for the show last November through their agency. I figured that being a retiring US military member with an attractive British wife that was getting ready to take a 1 year long trip around the USA in the RV with 2 boys would be a good selling point ๐Ÿ™‚

There were a couple of specific things that were required- including being in Southern California... No response was ever given as to why were weren't chosen (we never heard back)

Maybe next year ๐Ÿ™‚

Lawrence
"Never remain neutral for the victor will consider you part of his spoils and the vanquished will have no room for you in his cave"
-unknown author

Click herehere to visit my woodworking portfolio

JanTx
Explorer
Explorer
I agree! hope they show average ppl w/ average rvs.. They must not realize that we WANT and LIKE to see the real world not some fairy tale one!
Janet N Texas

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
My problem with the RV shows is they always want to show you the guy that has the $12million RV. It's cool to see but once in a while it would be nice to see something regarding travel in a normal RV

PSU_RVr
Explorer
Explorer
So it's a pimp my ride for RVs? How do I sign up?
Newmar Canyon Star 3920 Toy Hauler
Where it's been, the crew -Bandit, Morgan, Sherman. It:

JanTx
Explorer
Explorer
hope it's worth watching. lots of the rv shows on the TC aren't... sadly. I do so long for something worthwhile to watch on the TC. It just isn't what it use to be. i get sick of watching those sanctimonious egomaniacal dudes eat grotesque and foreign foods . I'd like to see actual travel to interesting and scenic places... especially where we could drive,, and not always have to fly or board a ship. Just sayin.........
Janet N Texas

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Already got it set to record
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

JanTx
Explorer
Explorer
about dang time!!!
Janet N Texas