cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Triton V10 oil level

BudFoster37
Explorer
Explorer
I recently had my oil and filter changed. I just checked the level and it is almost a half inch above the "MAX" mark on the dipstick. Is that a problem?
28 REPLIES 28

BudFoster37
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not seeing any diagrams or links using an iPad. Anyone know why?

VinCee
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the latest model of the V10 comes in four different configurations to be used in different applications. Example, a 2014 Class C motor home V10 is rated at 315 HP not 362 like a Class A. This is the same V10 Ford will use as an option of their pick-ups, again not the 362 HP motor. My 2011 V10 takes 7 qts. of oil with filter change.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
jerseyjim wrote:
Hey, yeah.....that "parking brake" box just behind the transmission. Gotta check that too,once in a while. My understanding it that to replace it is about $800.
Allen wrench. Fill until the oil just starts to come out.

X2
When I saw that diagram ubove it brought back some pretty bad memories while on the road with my MH.

In my life time parking brakes where NOT part of the trans. :R

All I can tell you is I am VERY glad to have found a semi truck repair at 2:00 in the morning that knew that little fact.

And yes it costs around 1,000 to replace it. If yours is leaking just one drop get it in and replace it....the end result is not pretty if you don't. I think the mechanic told me that parking brake part holds a 1/4 of your trans fluid or something like that so if the PB goes your trans goes down with the ship also.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

NAUTIQUE
Explorer
Explorer
BudFoster37 wrote:
It is a 2005 Fleetwood Southwind. Obviously, I should have included that in the initial post.

2005 Fleetwood would most likely be sitting on a 2004 F53 chassis.
For future reference, you should be able to get all your chasis specific info here: FleetFord.com
Our Portable Summer Cottage II : 2000 GBM LANDAU - 99 F53 chassis
Tweaked w/: Allure floor, Sumitomo ST718's, Bilstein's, Steer-Safe, UltraTrac rear trac bar, CHF & Poly Bushings. Pulling a 97 Jeep TJ- Pics & Mods * GBM Thread * F53 Thread
LIFE IS GOOD! :C

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, yeah.....that "parking brake" box just behind the transmission. Gotta check that too,once in a while. My understanding it that to replace it is about $800.
Allen wrench. Fill until the oil just starts to come out.

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
My 06 says 6 quarts.

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
Lube points
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

BudFoster37
Explorer
Explorer
Now I wish I had not given my 41 year-old not used in 20 years grease gun away when I moved last May.

BudFoster37
Explorer
Explorer
It is a 2005 Fleetwood Southwind. Obviously, I should have included that in the initial post.

NAUTIQUE
Explorer
Explorer
BudFoster,
So what year is your MH/Chassis?
If you haven't gone back to Walmart yet, the good folks here will arm you with exact oil capacity & number of grease fittings for your rig.
Then return with the info and make sure you get what you paid for!
At this point I'd say a complimentary visit is in order.
Our Portable Summer Cottage II : 2000 GBM LANDAU - 99 F53 chassis
Tweaked w/: Allure floor, Sumitomo ST718's, Bilstein's, Steer-Safe, UltraTrac rear trac bar, CHF & Poly Bushings. Pulling a 97 Jeep TJ- Pics & Mods * GBM Thread * F53 Thread
LIFE IS GOOD! :C

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
i have an 05 on a 04 chassis and the book says 7.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to mention the lubrication points: My 2001 has FOUR universals on the driveshafts.
The front-end has NINE grease points (Zerk fittings). The "normal" 8....plus a hidden one...behind a black rubber/plastic cap located on the right side (driver side) of the steering box.
Difficult to see, because without a flashlight it is simply not visable. (Replace the cap afterwards. I guess there's a reason for it.)

Also...check the differential (pumpkin) once a year or so. Mine (13 years) has never needed anything added. But..........

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
The 2 valve per cylinder V10's in the F53 chassis use 6 quarts of oil with a filter. The 3 valve per cylinder engines use 7 quarts with the filter. Over the years there have been several versions of this engine used in everything from pickup trucks to stationary power plants. I can't speak for the oil capacity of engines used in other applications, but I've changed the oil often enough in our 2001 motorhome (2 valve per cylinder) and our 2013 motorhome (3 valves per cylinder) to know these numbers by heart.
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
After reading all these reply's with different amounts I NOW know why the first V-10 I bought the mechanic wrote on the inside how many qrts of oil it took.

I just followed the handwritten message on the hood thought if they felt the need to post it so bodly, it must be important! :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.