cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trojan Batteries --- Heads -Up

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
I am wintering in Fort Myers, FL and my 11 year old Trojan 105's finally bit the dust. (Can you imagine that?) In searching for places that sell Trojans I found that "Batteries Plus" handle them and for a very reasonable price. I can't say whether all Batteries Plus stores sell them or whether its just in Fort Myers.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy
16 REPLIES 16

flfulltimerwinn
Explorer
Explorer
Both of my house battery's are dead and so is the engine battery. I have been educated by all. than
x!

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
falconbrother, No Joke in this thread. However as most threads do, this one got off to the side a bit. But there is some good info here.

My only intent was to let folks know that at least some "Batteries Plus" stores carry Trojan batteries.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's a joke in there someplace..

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Valkyriebush wrote:
11 years!! That's great. I changed mine out at 5 years, I was told that was about normal life span for the T-105's? Had I known that they had an 11 year potential I might have waited.

They have to have at the very least, some sort of a death rattle for me to be buying new ones. I mean, why fix something that isn't broken? Our present set of house batteries got weak with a night of dry camping while on a US tour in 09, so the next day, we pulled into a Sam's club for lunch and changed them out in the parking lot. Most sure, they'll even do it for you, but I'm kind of particular and don't like waiting.
Anyway, we're still running with them and have had another tour of the country logged on them, as well.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Flanz
Explorer
Explorer
JnJnKatiebug wrote:
CG Dawson wrote:
Flanz, You're right, we never dry camp, are plugged in all of the time, have a charge wizard, and do the maintenance religiously. I really think the 11 years was a fluke though.

Mine are 8 years old and still hanging in there. They won't last as long as they did with heavy usage like the microwave. We dry camp about 25% of the time but keep them charged with the little Honda.

My Trojan's also went ~8yrs. We dry camp a lot and I keep a good eye on the batteries. Very rarely did I have to add water. This is because I think the built in charger did a good job keeping the batteries up. I also take them out of the coach during the winter and keep a charge on them. We camp about 6 - 7 months/yr.

I replaced the batteries with a couple of Interstate GC2-XHD-UT. Paid $132 at the Interstate store back in 2011. So far so good.

-paul

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Got 14 yrs on my Trojan T-105's, but no boondocking, always plugged in with charge wizard.....and they were in bad shape and bulging cases.

Check prices on equivalent Amp Hours at an interstate distributor. I got two 232 AH batteries at $116 each and also found prices retail as high as $179 for the same battery. These were GC2-XHD-UTL. Got two of them for $248.13 when taxes were addded.

Also ask if they have these in blemished, as sometimes you can get great deals.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
CG Dawson wrote:
my 11 year old Trojan 105's finally bit the dust.

You should have asked them to warranty the replacements!

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
CG Dawson wrote:
Flanz, You're right, we never dry camp, are plugged in all of the time, have a charge wizard, and do the maintenance religiously. I really think the 11 years was a fluke though.

Mine are 8 years old and still hanging in there. They won't last as long as they did with heavy usage like the microwave. We dry camp about 25% of the time but keep them charged with the little Honda.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good to know. I like Trojans, even though they are a bit more expensive than other brands. The lifespan you got from yours, 11 years, explains why Trojans are a bit more expensive. They are really good batteries, that will last a really long time.

Our MH still has the original batteries it came with (Interstate I believe), will be a few years before I have to think about replacing them. When it comes time to replace batteries on the MH, it will most likely be a pair of Trojans I go with.

Our previous RV, I put a pair of Trojan T105s in it, they were great. I got them at a local golf cart shop. They had the best price on them I could find anywhere.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We also found our T-105's at a golf cart facility. Best price for us.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will have to check B+ near me since I need new batts.

I am, however, considering Sams or Costco due to price.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Flanz
Explorer
Explorer
11yrs is pretty good. How often did you dry camp? I'm guessing not very often and if you did the batteries needed to be charged pretty often.

Batteries will last for a long time as long as they are maintained. Check water, add if needed and plugged in all the time.

-paul

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the info on Batteries Plus - will check out our local store.

Since flooded cells batteries can't be shipped VIA FED-X or UPS you have use a truck freight thing and those only go to businesses I think. It could be you can order TROJAN batteries at places like the BATTERY PLUS and then go pick them up when they get in...

I am going to start looking for my 4EA Trojan T1275 150AH 12VDC batteries soon for my WAR WAGON OFF-ROAD POPUP project so will be looking for a way to get them home somehow...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS